Translation of oblique in Spanish:
- 1.1(line/plane/angle)Example sentences
- In older well-elongated cells, part of the immobile mitochondria is already arranged along parallel lines transverse or oblique to the cell axis.
- Entocristid and oblique crests run parallel in a longitudinal direction.
- Trabs rise upward parallel to or slightly oblique to excurrent canals and form regular ladder-like structure.
- The orientation of the projection surface can be normal (inline with the earth's axis), transverse (at right angles to the earth's axis) or oblique (any angle in between).
- The problem of scattering of an obliquely incident plane acoustic wave from an infinite solid elastic clad rod is formulated.
- Oblique drawings have one axis along the horizontal line.
(reply/reference/style)she gave me an oblique lookme miró de soslayo or de refilónExample sentences1.3 (Linguistics)
- Angles are either right, acute, or oblique.
- In the hypothesis of acute angle, we can, find a perpendicular and an oblique to the same straight which never meet.
- Oblique angles are of two kinds, acute and obtuse.
- This first of many direct and oblique connections between the two poets takes considerable ballsyness on the younger Berrigan's part, but it all pays off in the end.
- Throughout the article the members made both direct and oblique references to the English heritage on Long Island.
- An early example of this may be found in Bentham's writings, and his distinction between direct and oblique intention is one way of expressing the point.
- The subject nominal is in the oblique form and the verb phrase lacks tense and agreement markers.
- One links the subject of the dependent clause with the oblique dative argument of the independent clause.
- The genitive, dative, and accusative are called oblique cases to distinguish them from the nominative and vocative.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.