Translation of observance in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (of law, custom, agreement, religious festival)Example sentences1.2 countable (rite, practice) religious observances
prácticas religiosasExample sentences
- It has become the object of a global cult, and the money which it absorbs from the world is a from of practical worship, a daily puja, the ritual observance of its omnipotence.
- I did not understand that God did not merely require the outward observance of certain rituals but rather a clean heart and a holy life.
- In the management of its global operations, IBM the world's largest computer maker has been well known for its strict observance of clean business ethics.
- Guyanese American cultural traditions have been preserved by the religious observances of weddings, baptisms, and funerals.
- Many religions go through ceremonies or observances of rituals to become pure or to be healed.
- Lamas (religious leaders) skilled in rituals perform the necessary religious observances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.