- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (examination, study) observación (feminine) to escape observation pasar inadvertido or desapercibido he has no powers of observation no es nada observador, no tiene capacidad de observación to keep sth/sb under observation mantener* algo/a algn bajo vigilancia [Medicine/Medicina] tener* algo/a algn en observación she was taken to hospital for observation la llevaron al hospital para tenerla en observación (before noun/delante del nombre) [post/tower/ward] de observación observation balloon [Meteorology/Meteorología] globo (masculine) sonda observation satellite satélite (masculine) de observaciónMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (recording, measurement) observación (masculine) to take an observation observar
More example sentences
- A daily visit from a health care worker is scarcely the same as the continual observation as hospital staff carry out their duties.
- The very processes of measurement and observation influence the subject and change him.
- This strange limitation arises because the very process of observation is inseparable from the state being measured.
- For it is the duty of an astronomer to record celestial motions through careful observation.
- 2 countable/numerable (comment) observación (f), comentario (m) to make an observation hacer* una observación or un comentarioMore example sentences
- An appeal can be in the form of a funny question, a witty observation, opinion or comment.
- I excerpted a quote that summed up the point of the piece, followed by an observation based on revelation.
- So she wasn't surprised when he countered her obvious statement with an observation of his own.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.