Translation of observation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (examination, study) to escape observationpasar inadvertido or desapercibidohe has no powers of observationno es nada observadorto keep something/somebody under observation
no tiene capacidad de observaciónmantener algo/a alguien bajo vigilancia(Medicine)she was taken to hospital for observation
tener algo/a alguien en observaciónla llevaron al hospital para tenerla en observación(before noun) (post/tower/ward)observation balloon (Meteorol) observation satellite
de observaciónExample sentences1.2 countable (recording, measurement) to take an observation
- A daily visit from a health care worker is scarcely the same as the continual observation as hospital staff carry out their duties.
- The very processes of measurement and observation influence the subject and change him.
- This strange limitation arises because the very process of observation is inseparable from the state being measured.
- For it is the duty of an astronomer to record celestial motions through careful observation.
- 2 countable (comment) to make an observationhacer una observación or un comentarioExample sentences
- An appeal can be in the form of a funny question, a witty observation, opinion or comment.
- I excerpted a quote that summed up the point of the piece, followed by an observation based on revelation.
- So she wasn't surprised when he countered her obvious statement with an observation of his own.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.