- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (examination, study) observación (feminine) to escape observation pasar inadvertido or desapercibido he has no powers of observation no es nada observador, no tiene capacidad de observación to keep sth/sb under observation mantener* algo/a algn bajo vigilancia [Medicine/Medicina] tener* algo/a algn en observación she was taken to hospital for observation la llevaron al hospital para tenerla en observación (before noun/delante del nombre) [post/tower/ward] de observación observation balloon [Meteorology/Meteorología] globo (masculine) sonda observation satellite satélite (masculine) de observaciónMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (recording, measurement) observación (masculine) to take an observation observar
More example sentences
- A daily visit from a health care worker is scarcely the same as the continual observation as hospital staff carry out their duties.
- The very processes of measurement and observation influence the subject and change him.
- This strange limitation arises because the very process of observation is inseparable from the state being measured.
- For it is the duty of an astronomer to record celestial motions through careful observation.
- 2 countable/numerable (comment) observación (f), comentario (m) to make an observation hacer* una observación or un comentarioMore example sentences
- An appeal can be in the form of a funny question, a witty observation, opinion or comment.
- I excerpted a quote that summed up the point of the piece, followed by an observation based on revelation.
- So she wasn't surprised when he countered her obvious statement with an observation of his own.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.