Translation of obstruct in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (block) [road/vein/windpipe] obstruir* do not obstruct these doors no obstruya el acceso the building obstructed our line of vision el edificio nos tapaba or obstruía la vista 1.2 (impede, hinder) [traffic] bloquear, obstruir*; [plan/progress] obstaculizar*, dificultar to obstruct sb in the execution of his/her duty obstaculizar* la labor de algnExample sentences
- One youth lay on the road in front of the vehicle obstructing its path, while the remainder of the group attacked the vehicle, banging on its sides, windows and doors.
- The roads are all so long, and pockets of tall buildings intersperse themselves with markets and shady alleys, and your planned route may easily be interrupted by a large flyover or highway suddenly obstructing your path.
- As for the problem of motorbikes for hire and rental vehicles obstructing the roads and walkways, the mayor said the city plans to designate parking areas, which he said should alleviate that particular problem.
Example sentences1.3 [Sport/Deporte] obstruir*, bloquear
- A fine of 150 leva will be imposed on those who violate the rules for crossing a train crossing or obstructing the movement of trams or other rail vehicles, which, by law always have the right of way.
- If protest demonstrations and rallies can be confined to select areas and organised peacefully without obstructing the free movement of others, nobody can complain.
- Also, he would notice if passages for blind people were obstructed, or if the location of advertisement hoardings were correct - recording it all with his cameras.
- Although the region is regularly described as ‘the world's worst humanitarian crisis’, his regime has obstructed humanitarian access by denying visas and travel permits to some aid workers.
- In early 1998, the regime obstructed a UN weapons inspection team from investigating these charges.
- On the other hand, if the government had cooperated with rather than obstructed UN weapons inspectors, it would have been more difficult for the United States to justify its policy.
- Kingsford's only points came in first-half injury time via a penalty try after winger Ian Gow had been obstructed chasing John Fletcher's kick through, Fletcher converting.
- Pirlow concedes a free-kick just inside the Italy half for obstructing Karel Pobor.
- Alexander was deemed to have obstructed early release of the ball, even though he couldn't roll away.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.