Translation of obvious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (evident, clear) his disappointment was obvioussu decepción era evidente or palpablewe've made a big mistake — that's obvious o that much is obvioushemos cometido un gran error — eso está claro or es obviothe obvious thing to do is …no cabe duda de que lo que hay que hacer es …if there is a connection, it's not at all obvious to mesi es que hay alguna relación, yo no la veo nada clarait was perfectly obvious that she was lyingno cabía la menor duda de que estaba mintiendoit was obvious to anyone that it was too heavy
estaba clarísimo que mentíacualquiera se hubiera dado cuenta de que pesaba demasiadoit was obvious to us that something was wrongnos dábamos perfecta cuenta or nos resultaba obvio que algo iba malit's by no means obvious who'll succeed herno está nada claro quién tomará su puestoit's obvious the thieves got in through the windowestá claro que los ladrones entraron por la ventanathey made it very obvious (that) they hadn't enjoyed the partyhicieron muy patente el hecho que no les había gustado la fiestaExample sentences1.2 (unmistakable) (before noun) it's an obvious lie/copy
es claramente mentira/una copiashe's the obvious candidate for the job
- When you look at these two options in this light, doesn't the answer seem glaringly obvious?
- The Great Bars are dying because of fear and bad science, but the solutions seem pretty obvious.
- All have been glaringly obvious for years, but has Davies done anything about any of them?
es una burda mentira/copiaes la candidata indiscutible or obvia para el puestohe has no obvious successorno tiene un sucesor claro or ningún sucesor aparenteExample sentences1.3 (unsubtle) it was such an obvious ploy
el ardid era tan evidente or obviotry to hear what they are saying, but don't be too obvious about ittrata de oír lo que dicen, pero con disimulo
- Even those who like their comedy gently done are likely to find this too flimsy and obvious.
- He had made it painfully obvious that she no longer belonged in his world.
- The casting somehow manages to be terribly clever and terribly obvious at the same time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.