Translation of obviously in Spanish:
- 1 I thought he'd told her — obviously not!pensé que se lo había contado — ¡está visto que no! or ¡obviamente no!they're obviously not comingestá visto or claro que no van a venirshe's obviously lyingestá claro or se ve a las claras que mientethe child is obviously tired
es obvio que mientese nota or se ve claramente que el niño está cansadothe two ideas are obviously not relatedes evidente or obvio que las dos ideas no tienen relaciónthe two ideas are not obviously relateda primera vista las dos ideas no tienen relaciónthere'll obviously be an investigationpor supuesto se hará una investigaciónExample sentences
- Everyone knows how special a World Cup is and it obviously means so much to this town.
- They were obviously going off duty but they stopped to help me up and investigate.
- She's also dead by the start of the novel, which is obviously no more than she deserves.
- 2 (sentence adv) obviously, I'm sad, but what can I do?como es lógico or lógicamente estoy triste pero ¿qué puedo hacer?obviously, she's upset: she's just lost her jobno es extraño que esté disgustada: acaba de quedarse sin trabajoshe's not going to be very pleased, obviouslyes obvio que no le va a hacer mucha gracia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.