ocultistaExample sentences1.2 (secret, esoteric) [formal]
- Her plots depend on the occult power of art and the frailty of our ordinary healthy relation to the world.
- The result is witchcraft practised as an occult art, operating primarily through spells and curses.
- Americans have significantly increased their belief in psychic, paranormal and occult phenomena over the past decade, the Gallup Poll notes.
arcano [formal]Example sentences
- Every culture has its avant-garde, and every avant-garde has its own occult language.
- Since my initiation, very few outside of my Order knew of my initiation or of my occult involvement.
- That's what is so disappointing about using the Net to organize occult communities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.