Translation of occupation in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (profession) what is your present occupation?¿cuál es su ocupación actual?Example sentences1.2 (activity) looking after children is a full-time occupation
cuidar niños es un trabajo que ocupa las veinticuatro horas del día or es un trabajo a tiempo completoExample sentences
- Due to his father's occupation, he grew up knowing about military matters.
- In addition, we excluded 180 boys without information on fathers' occupation.
- Mine was frequently decorated in accordance with my father's occupation.
- We are making every effort to try and soften the edges of these draconian rules but brick walls and head butting are pretty joyless occupations.
- During the monsoon season the villagers divert their occupation to fishing and agriculture.
- Its main occupations are fishing and boatbuilding.
- 2 uncountable or countable (Military)(of factory, university) ocupación (feminine)army/forces of occupationejército (masculine) /fuerzas (feminine plural) de ocupaciónto be under occupationestar ocupadoExample sentences
- But the alternative to negotiating with him is continued military occupation of the territories in force.
- The American military occupation of Japan lasted from August 1945 through April 1952.
- The next stage of this process is the permanent military occupation of ‘buffer zones’ on the West Bank.
- The mainly Muslim workers have been in occupation since the closure was announced.
- Another 20 workers remain in occupation of a nearby M & S branch.
- As hundreds of Gama workers continued their 10-day occupation of Dublin building sites last night, the company again denied all allegations against it.
- 3 uncountable (of accommodation, building) the tenants are already in occupationlos inquilinos ya han tomado posesión de la vivienda ( or las oficinas etc)the house is ready for occupationla casa está lista para su ocupaciónExample sentences
- Many families living in the borough are in need of more suitable homes and unlawful occupation is stopping them from moving.
- One is a tax on property occupation, the other a supplementary tax on travel.
- Several of the old concrete ramps between floors were removed and the floors were filled in to create additional space suitable for occupation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.