Translation of occur in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-rr-)
- 1 1.1 (take place) [formal] [event/incident] tener* lugar [formal], ocurrir, suceder; [change] producirse* [formal], tener* lugar [formal]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (appear, be found) [disease/species] darse*, encontrarse* that phrase/idea occurs repeatedly in her writings esa frase/idea aparece repetidamente en sus escritos a sound that doesn't occur in our language un sonido que no existe or no se da en nuestra lengua if the opportunity occurs … si se presenta la oportunidad …
- An air bag is designed to protect a driver or passenger in the event that an accident occurs.
- Hallucinations usually occur only at particular times and places, and are associated with the events hoped for.
- The functional impairments secondary to osteoarthritis also occur more frequently in older adults.
- Anthrax is a naturally occurring bacterium that exists in the form of spores which allow it to survive in the environment.
- It is probable that every naturally occurring element is present in the outer core at least at trace levels.
- Silica is rare but when present occurs in vascular bundle sheath cells in both the leaf sheath and leaf blade.
- 2 (come to mind) to occur
tosb (to + infinitive/infinitivo) ocurrírsele aalgn (+ infinitive/infinitivo) that idea had already occurred to me a mí ya se me había ocurrido eso it didn't occur to me to ask ni se me ocurrió preguntar it never occurs to him that I might want to go nunca se le ocurre pensar or nunca se le pasa por la imaginación que quizás yo quiera irExample sentences
- He would often get up from bed at night when an idea occurred to him and write it down.
- She turned her eyes down to the paw she held, several ideas occurring to her simultaneously.
- I leaned over again so that I could see it more clearly, then an idea occurred to me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.