intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-rr-)
- 1 1.1 (take place) [formal] [event/incident] tener* lugar [formal], ocurrir, suceder; [change] producirse* [formal], tener* lugar [formal]More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (appear, be found) [disease/species] darse*, encontrarse* that phrase/idea occurs repeatedly in her writings esa frase/idea aparece repetidamente en sus escritos a sound that doesn't occur in our language un sonido que no existe or no se da en nuestra lengua if the opportunity occurs … si se presenta la oportunidad …
- An air bag is designed to protect a driver or passenger in the event that an accident occurs.
- Hallucinations usually occur only at particular times and places, and are associated with the events hoped for.
- The functional impairments secondary to osteoarthritis also occur more frequently in older adults.
- Anthrax is a naturally occurring bacterium that exists in the form of spores which allow it to survive in the environment.
- It is probable that every naturally occurring element is present in the outer core at least at trace levels.
- Silica is rare but when present occurs in vascular bundle sheath cells in both the leaf sheath and leaf blade.
- 2 (come to mind) to occur
tosb (to + infinitive/infinitivo) ocurrírsele aalgn (+ infinitive/infinitivo) that idea had already occurred to me a mí ya se me había ocurrido eso it didn't occur to me to ask ni se me ocurrió preguntar it never occurs to him that I might want to go nunca se le ocurre pensar or nunca se le pasa por la imaginación que quizás yo quiera irMore example sentences
- He would often get up from bed at night when an idea occurred to him and write it down.
- She turned her eyes down to the paw she held, several ideas occurring to her simultaneously.
- I leaned over again so that I could see it more clearly, then an idea occurred to me.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.