Translation of occur in Spanish:
intransitive verb -rr-
- 1 1.1 (take place) [formal](change)
tener lugar [formal]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (appear, be found)
- An air bag is designed to protect a driver or passenger in the event that an accident occurs.
- Hallucinations usually occur only at particular times and places, and are associated with the events hoped for.
- The functional impairments secondary to osteoarthritis also occur more frequently in older adults.
(disease/species)that phrase/idea occurs repeatedly in her writings
- Anthrax is a naturally occurring bacterium that exists in the form of spores which allow it to survive in the environment.
- It is probable that every naturally occurring element is present in the outer core at least at trace levels.
- Silica is rare but when present occurs in vascular bundle sheath cells in both the leaf sheath and leaf blade.
encontrarseesa frase/idea aparece repetidamente en sus escritosa sound that doesn't occur in our languageun sonido que no existe or no se da en nuestra lenguaif the opportunity occurs …si se presenta la oportunidad …
- 2 (come to mind)to occur
tosomebody (to + infinitive)ocurrírselethat idea had already occurred to me aalguien (+ infinitive)a mí ya se me había ocurrido esoit didn't occur to me to askni se me ocurrió preguntarit never occurs to him that I might want to gonunca se le ocurre pensar or nunca se le pasa por la imaginación que quizás yo quiera irExample sentences
- He would often get up from bed at night when an idea occurred to him and write it down.
- She turned her eyes down to the paw she held, several ideas occurring to her simultaneously.
- I leaned over again so that I could see it more clearly, then an idea occurred to me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.