- 1.1 (sea) océano (m) (before n) ocean bed fondo (m) del océano ocean cruise crucero (m) (por el Atlántico, Índico, etc) ocean currents corrientes (fpl) oceánicas ocean liner transatlántico (m)More example sentences1.2
(oceans pl)(large quantity) [colloquial/familiar] un montón [familiar/colloquial], la mar [familiar/colloquial] you've got oceans of time tienes un montón or la mar de tiempo [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- This guy up here is a very close relative of the roly-poly, only it lives in the deep sea along the ocean floor.
- The pole was anchored solidly to the floor of the ocean and rose about twenty feet into the air.
- Discarded nets drift through the sea and continue to kill fish on the ocean floor.
- The Holy Qur' an is an ocean of divine knowledge.
- This image marks a time in history not only for Yes, but a passage in the oceans of time.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.