Translation of ocean in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sea) océano (masculine) ocean cruise crucero (masculine) ([ por el Atlántico, Índico, etc ]) ocean currents corrientes (feminine plural) oceánicasExample sentences1.2
(oceans plural)(large quantity) [colloquial/familiar] un montón [colloquial/familiar], la mar [colloquial/familiar] you've got oceans of time tienes un montón or la mar de tiempo [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- This guy up here is a very close relative of the roly-poly, only it lives in the deep sea along the ocean floor.
- The pole was anchored solidly to the floor of the ocean and rose about twenty feet into the air.
- Discarded nets drift through the sea and continue to kill fish on the ocean floor.
- The Holy Qur' an is an ocean of divine knowledge.
- This image marks a time in history not only for Yes, but a passage in the oceans of time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.