Translation of odd in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (strange) the odd thing is that …lo raro or lo curioso es que …he's the oddest of menes el hombre más raro del mundohow odd that there's no one here to meet usqué raro que no haya venido nadie a buscarnosit was odd of her not to say anythingfue raro que no dijera nadathat's (very) odd: there's no milk leftqué raro or qué cosa más rara: no queda lechehow very odd that he should write to me nowqué raro que me haya escrito ahoraExample sentences
- The graphics also seem very odd at times, it all looks lovely so long as you don't move.
- And there were a couple of things he said that certainly seem rather odd.
- Doesn't that seem rather odd that none of her colleagues would defend her?
- 2 (occasional, random) (no comparative) she smokes the odd cigarettese fuma algún or alguno que otro cigarrilloexcept for the odd fisherman …a excepción de algún or alguno que otro pescador …he's done odd jobs for usnos ha hecho algunos trabajitosExample sentences
- The time saved by this happening far outweighs the odd occasion when someone does not leave it at the end of his drive.
- Truth be told, there are crowds of people who never drink, or who drink only on the odd occasion.
- We had the odd drink together but we didn't glam around.
- 3 (no comparative) 3.1 (unmatched, single)(sock/glove)the odd one o the odd man out
sin parejala excepciónI was the odd woman o the odd one outyo era la excepciónto be left the odd one o the odd man outquedar fuera
quedar excluidoExample sentences3.2 (Mathematics)
- I've heard of sock heaven for odd socks, but there must be a bookmark heaven for missing bookmarks as I've lost heaps over the years.
- Your muddled brain, full of paperclips and odd socks and dirty cotton wool buds simply cannot function.
- I once wrote a manifesto for odd socks wearers on a post-it note.
- If the number in the second column is odd, divide it by two and drop the remainder.
- Notice that smoothing a crossing changes the number of components of a link by one and that multiplication by z switches odd and even polynomials.
- If you are taking half an odd number, use the integer quotient and ignore the remainder of 1.
- 4 (no comparative) 4.1 (being left over, spare) have you got the odd 3p?¿tienes tres peniques sueltos or los tres peniques?if you've got the odd moment to sparesi tienes algún momento libreI have a few odd bits of fabric left overme han sobrado unos retazos or (Spain) retales4.2 (approximately) [colloquial]it cost me 30 pounds odd o 30-odd poundsme costó 30 y tantas libras or 30 y pico libras [colloquial]she must be 80 odd by nowdebe tener 80 y tantos años or 80 y pico (de) años [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.