Translation of odd in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1 (strange) the odd thing is that …he's the oddest of menlo raro or lo curioso es que …how odd that there's no one here to meet uses el hombre más raro del mundoit was odd of her not to say anythingqué raro que no haya venido nadie a buscarnosthat's (very) odd: there's no milk leftfue raro que no dijera nadahow very odd that he should write to me nowqué raro or qué cosa más rara: no queda lechequé raro que me haya escrito ahoraExample sentences
- The graphics also seem very odd at times, it all looks lovely so long as you don't move.
- And there were a couple of things he said that certainly seem rather odd.
- Doesn't that seem rather odd that none of her colleagues would defend her?
- 2 (occasional, random) (no comparative) she smokes the odd cigaretteexcept for the odd fisherman …se fuma algún or alguno que otro cigarrillohe's done odd jobs for usa excepción de algún or alguno que otro pescador …nos ha hecho algunos trabajitos
- 3 (no comparative) 3.1 (unmatched, single)(sock/glove)the odd one o the odd man outsin parejaI was the odd woman o the odd one outla excepciónto be left the odd one o the odd man outyo era la excepción3.2 (Mathematics)quedar fueraquedar excluido(number)Example sentences
- If the number in the second column is odd, divide it by two and drop the remainder.
- Notice that smoothing a crossing changes the number of components of a link by one and that multiplication by z switches odd and even polynomials.
- If you are taking half an odd number, use the integer quotient and ignore the remainder of 1.
- I've heard of sock heaven for odd socks, but there must be a bookmark heaven for missing bookmarks as I've lost heaps over the years.
- Your muddled brain, full of paperclips and odd socks and dirty cotton wool buds simply cannot function.
- I once wrote a manifesto for odd socks wearers on a post-it note.
- 4 (no comparative) 4.1 (being left over, spare) See examples: have you got the odd 3p?if you've got the odd moment to spare¿tienes tres peniques sueltos or los tres peniques?I have a few odd bits of fabric left oversi tienes algún momento libre4.2 (approximately) [colloquial]it cost me 30 pounds odd o 30-odd poundsme han sobrado unos retazos or (Spain) retalesshe must be 80 odd by nowme costó 30 y tantas libras or 30 y pico libras [colloquial]debe tener 80 y tantos años or 80 y pico (de) años [colloquial]Example sentences
- The time saved by this happening far outweighs the odd occasion when someone does not leave it at the end of his drive.
- Truth be told, there are crowds of people who never drink, or who drink only on the odd occasion.
- We had the odd drink together but we didn't glam around.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the