- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] despojos (mpl), asaduras (fpl), achuras (fpl) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , interiores (masculine plural) (Chile)More example sentences1.2 (garbage) (American English/inglés norteamericano) basura (feminine)
More example sentences
- Certain limited measures were introduced which undermined this claim, including a ban on the use of specified bovine offals in the human food chain.
- It is made with many offal tidbits, it is necessary to cook the offals separately before they are combined and cooked together.
- An advisory was given to manufacturers of baby foods not to include ruminant offals in their products.
- The early targets had been water supplies contaminated by human waste, slaughterhouse offal, and garbage.
- While disappointed that someone would dump offal, he said he had been encouraged by the council's response to his call.
- There's still that familiar stench, a mixture of open sewers, rotting rubbish and offal from street butchers' stalls mixed with dust and petrol fumes.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.