Translation of offer in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (proffer) she offered them teales ofreció témay I offer you a drink?¿quisiera beber algo?I offered him my hand, but he refused itle tendí la mano, pero la rechazómay I offer you some advice?¿puedo darle or ofrecerle un consejo?I offered it to several peoplese lo ofrecí a varias personasshe offered her resignationpuso su cargo a disposición del presidente ( or de su jefe etc. )I was offered a good price for the paintingme ofrecieron un buen precio por el cuadroExample sentences1.2 (show willingness)to offer to +
- He said he hoped the people to whom the appeal's cash was offered would accept hand-outs in the spirit in which they were meant.
- It just said I was being considered and would I accept it if they offered it me.
- At present, most schools offer bursaries to children talented in music, sport or the arts.
infinitiveofrecersehe never offers to help a+ infinitivenunca se ofrece a ayudarshe offered to pay for the damagese ofreció a pagar los dañosI could help you, she offered—si quieres te ayudo —dijo ofreciéndoseExample sentences
- This act reminds me of a kindly uncle who offers to read the children a bedtime story, and chooses Dracula.
- Two men driving a blue Transit van with ladders on its roof called to the home of the elderly couple offering to fix their guttering.
- After demolishing theirs, it became apparent that ours was in a perilous condition and he very kindly offered to help remedy the situation.
- 3 (provide)(reward)we offer a wide range of models
ofrecerofrecemos una amplia gama de modeloscandidates must offer at least two years' experience/two languageslos candidatos deben poseer dos años de experiencia/hablar dos idiomas como mínimoto have something to offertener algo que ofrecerExample sentences
- Digitization offered new opportunities to providing access to these collections.
- We will also be offering opportunities for further career training for some of the young people.
- It is a highly rewarding career, offering unlimited opportunities but requires a high degree of commitment, dedication and hard work.
- 4 (give, show) to offer battlepresentar batallaExample sentences
- Iraqi tanks came under withering fire, and Iraqi troops once again offered little resistance.
- In the gorge the remnants of the Taliban lines offered little resistance.
- Rosenborg should, on the face of it, offer little resistance to Madrid's progress to the quarter-finals.
- If our prayer is offered up in full faith, we are assured, that it will be efficacious.
- On the next day when he offered the prayer they all offered it up with him and it was again talked about on the following morning.
- In order to calm a sea monster that hid on the bottom of the sea, a girl was offered up as a sacrifice each year.
- 2 (show willingness)ofrecerseI didn't ask him and he never offeredno se lo pedí y él tampoco se ofreció
- 3 (make offer of marriage) [archaic]to offer
tosomebodyproponerle matrimonio aalguienExample sentences
- James, refusing the advice of his senior staff to withdraw to the Shannon, offered William battle.
- 1 1.1 (proposal)(of job, money) oferta (feminine)(of help, mediation) ofrecimiento (masculine)the offer still standsla oferta sigue en piethank you for your kind offergracias por su amable ofrecimientoshe refused his offer of a drinkrechazó la copa que le ofrecíathey refused my offer of the carno quisieron que les prestara el cochean offer of marriageuna proposición matrimonial or de matrimonioI've had the offer of a job in Romeme han ofrecido un trabajo en Romashare offeremisión (feminine) de acciones or títulosthe windows need cleaning: any offers?hay que limpiar las ventanas: ¿quién se ofrece?to make somebody an offer they can't refusehacerle una oferta muy tentadora a alguienExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (bid) offers around $80,000 considered
- She is holding out accepting the job offer to see if she likes it.
- Many of the rest accepted the offer of amnesty offered to those who surrendered within twenty-four hours.
- At present this information is found out by would-be purchasers after their offer to buy a home has been accepted.
se considerarán ofertas de alrededor de 80.000 dólares$650 or nearest offer650 dólares negociables or a convenirgo on, make me an offeranda, ofréceme algo or hazme una oferta
- The current offer would not see drivers lose any money despite the reduced hours.
- The current salary offers are among the lowest in the current wage round.
- No one is revealing the exact amount of the offers, but rumours suggest that they are around $500,000.
- 2 (bargain, reduced price) introductory offerExample sentences
- Increased competition between the three mobile operators has led to greater prices and special offers in recent years.
- The figures were for regular shelf prices, with special offers excluded.
- So it's no surprise to see every major player in the market touting special offers.
- 3on offer (British) 3.1 (available) there's not much on offer at this year's fairno hay mucho para comprar en la feria de este añothere are several good jobs on offer in the paperhay varias ofertas de empleo interesantes en el periódico3.2 (at reduced price)de ofertacoffee is on offer this weekel café está de or en oferta esta semana
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.