Translation of office in Spanish:
- 1 countable (room)(building, set of rooms) oficina (feminine)
oficinas (feminine plural)(staff) oficina (feminine)also: architect's officealso: lawyer's officebufete (masculine) or despacho (masculine) (de abogado)also: doctor's officethe manager's officeel despacho or la oficina del directorthe company's New York officelas oficinas de la compañía en Nueva Yorkwe don't want the whole office to hearno queremos que lo oiga toda la oficina(before noun) (work/furniture)
de oficina(block/building)office automation outside office hours
de oficinasfuera de las horas de oficinaduring/in office hours are you coming to the office party?¿vas a venir a la fiesta de la oficina?office spaceespacio (masculine) para oficinasExample sentences
- These pesticides are used in schools, churches, business offices, apartment buildings, grocery stores, and homes on a regular basis.
- The plan is to retain the office building and sub-divide it into offices for small businesses and meeting rooms.
- She hopped into the truck and backed it into the hangar-like room of the office building.
- The Laois Youth Theatre is an initiative of the Arts Office, Laois County Council.
- This was reprinted with kind permission of the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities.
- The performance is promoted by the Arts Office of Laois County Council.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (post, position) the office of president/mayorel cargo de presidente/alcaldeshe had held this office twicehabía ocupado dos veces este cargoto take officetomar posesión del cargoto leave officedejar el cargohe was in office for three yearsocupó el cargo durante tres añosthe party was in/out of officeel partido estaba/ya no estaba en el poderterm of o (in American English also) in office during her period of officedurante el período en que ocupó el cargo
durante su mandatoExample sentences2.2 countable or uncountable (duty) [formal]
- This bill includes a provision for establishing the office of Chief Coroner.
- I never knew how much the office of "farm wife" entailed until our farm's wife disappeared into the wilds of Italy for two and a half weeks.
- He was welcome in the office of the chairman and the studio of the artist and his opinion was valued in both situations.
- The following recipe has been supplied courtesy of Arnott's Biscuits Limited through the good offices of Frank Townsend, Chief Chemist.
- Yet we are ever-ready to listen to voices of reason, sanity and justice and we remain committed to an honourable solution with the government of India or through the good offices of the apex court.
- Through the good offices of Willie Groarke, a new shrine to the Sacred Heart was blessed on Sunday at Cully.
- 3also: offices plural(assistance) [formal]also: good officesmediación (feminine)
buenos oficios (masculine plural)
- 4 countable (Religion)Example sentences
- The Divine Office has always been faithfully kept by lay people - not just clergy, monks and nuns-for centuries.
- Though she loved the Divine Office and appreciated the Chant, she could not sing two notes in tune.
- It is not a virtue for the monk… to lack time in which to attend the common recitation of the Divine Office, read a certain amount, and mix with his community.
- His book is designed for up to four daily offices (morning, noon, evening and night).
- Chapters 3 and 4 treat Evening Prayer as a counter to Morning Prayer and the minor offices as occasional rather than daily prayer.
- A few days after reading this report I opened my Bible to read the lesson for the daily office.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.