- 1.1 [Military/Militar] [Nautical/Náutica] oficial (masculine and feminine) officers' mess comedor (masculine) or (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) casino (masculine) de oficiales officers' quarters residencia (feminine) de oficialesMore example sentences1.2
(police officer)policía (mf), agente (mf) de policía; (as form of address/como título de cortesía) agente excuse me, officer perdone, agente 1.3 (official — in government service) funcionario, (m,f); (— of union, party) dirigente (mf); (—of club) directivo, (m,f) customs officer agente (mf) or oficial (mf) de aduanas officer of the law agente (masculine and feminine) de la ley law enforcement officer (American English/inglés norteamericano) agente (masculine and feminine) de la ley officer of the court funcionario, (masculine, feminine) de tribunales personnel officer jefe, (masculine, feminine) de personalMore example sentences
- Anderson later served as a warrant officer and commissioned officer in the Army Reserve.
- The hardest workers among you may become chief petty officers, warrant officers and commissioned officers.
- We have more women commissioned officers than the Active Army, even though we're about 60 percent smaller.
More example sentences
- During months of bombing, there were no public health officers to issue death certificates, which explains the lack of official statistics.
- Where a court or a public officer wrongly refuses jurisdiction the exercise of the jurisdiction can be commanded by a writ of mandamus.
- Government officers should see public property as their own and seek to protect it.
- Directors, officers and other senior financial officers set the tone for ethical behavior within any organization.
- Its August survey of banks' senior loan officers says business loans are increasingly available.
- Francis becomes chief marketing officer and managing director at the Wayne, Pa., company.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)