- (in UK) See examples: the Queen's official birthday(día elegido para la celebración oficial del cumpleaños de la Reina)Example sentences
- While the service rounds off a weekend of celebrations, the main focus of public commemorations for the sovereign's birthday will be in June, around her official birthday.
- The Queen thus has three birthdays: her actual birthday, her official birthday, and her official birthday in Western Australia.
- As well as marking her official birthday with the annual Trooping the Colour on June 17, the Queen will attend a St Paul's Cathedral service on June 15.
Cultural Note: Official Birthday
Definition of official birthday in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.