- 1.1 (of plant, tree) retoño (m), vástago (m), renuevo (m)More example sentences1.2 (of family) rama (f); (of company, organization) filial (f)
More example sentences
- Pistia stratiotes L. is a free-floating aquatic angiosperm that can reproduce rapidly by vegetative offshoots from stolons.
- The flowers are probably wind-pollinated, and the plants can reproduce vegetatively by lateral offshoots, and by rhizomes.
- Not a few of the townsfolk, or their ancestors, more likely, have gone so far as to plant offshoots of the fruit-bearing specimens in their own gardens.
- The luminous mould has been developed by researchers at the commercial offshoot of the school of biological sciences at Edinburgh University.
- The experience gained there obviously didn't go astray as she now has a thriving business, which developed as an offshoot to the Country Markets.
- I accept this penchant may have developed as an offshoot from my dislike of thongs, but it's grown up big and strong into a whole new preference in itself.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)