- 1 [Sport] fuera de juego or (AmL tb) de lugar (m), off side (m), orsay (m)More example sentences
- They'd start shouting for offsides or a penalty claim.
- This sluggish play up front was emphasised by the large number of unnecessary offsides given.
- Threats to sue the Football League and create a new competition with no offsides or draws were just farcical.
- 1 [Sport] [player] en fuera de juego or (AmL tb) de lugar, en off side, en orsayMore example sentences
- They managed it by surviving the first scrum and forcing their opponents offside, allowing O'Gara to kick them ahead from short range.
- As coach, he dragged players who ignored his leads, even if they were kicking goals, and put many players offside.
- I thought both times they had players offside and the officials felt the same.