- 1 (ex-pupil) (BrE) exalumna (f)More example sentences
- Famous old girls include Harriet Harman, constitutional affairs minister, and Rosalind Franklin, the DNA pioneer.
- Famous old girls and boys include actress Diana Rigg, Prime Minister Herbert Asquith and factory reformer Richard Oastler.
- The former pupil, whose daughter is now a pupil at the school, tracked down old girls from the intervening years via internet websites.
- 2 (BrE) [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (old woman) señora (f); (more affectionate) viejecita (f) [familiar/colloquial] 2.2 (as form of address) mujer [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- My source told me of the time that he went to a retirement village with Kelly, and Kelly ended up playing the piano for the old girls in residence.
- The old girl went, and the old girl is not going to come back.
- No safety gear, but those old girls certainly have a strong grip.
More definitions of old girlDefinition of old girl in:
- The British & World English dictionary
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.