Translation of old maid in Spanish:
- 1 countable (spinster) [colloquial]solterona (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Do you wish for you and your sister to grow into single old maids?
- As illegal divers working for the Asian export market continue to thin abalone populations, the survivors are dying off as old maids and bachelors.
- The daughter was heartbroken, never married and died an old maid.
- The epitome of a fussy old maid, Mrs. B. operated with a few less sandwiches than it takes to make a picnic.
- 3 uncountable (no article) (Games)to play old maid≈ jugar a la mona or al burro or al culo sucioExample sentences
- The school is also encouraging parents to introduce their children to cards games such as old maid, snap and bridge.
- As in old maid, you do not know what card you are going to take, and the player you are taking the card from does not know which one you will take.
- Steph has a poker face as good as my 4 year old daughter playing old maid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.