Translation of old maid in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (spinster) [colloquial]solterona (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable (fussy person) [colloquial]
- Do you wish for you and your sister to grow into single old maids?
- As illegal divers working for the Asian export market continue to thin abalone populations, the survivors are dying off as old maids and bachelors.
- The daughter was heartbroken, never married and died an old maid.
1.3 uncountable (no article) (Games)to play old maidmaniático, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)≈ jugar a la mona or al burro or al culo sucio
- The epitome of a fussy old maid, Mrs. B. operated with a few less sandwiches than it takes to make a picnic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.