Translation of once in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (one time, on one occasion) she almost left me onceonce a week/month/yearuna vez casi me dejashe only needs to be told onceuna vez por semana/mes/añouna vez a la semana/al mes/al añoonce was enoughno hace falta repetírselosolo hay que decírselo una veznever once did I ask them for helpcon una vez me ( or le etc) alcanzóonce seen, never forgottenni una sola vez les pedí ayudaonce a thief, always a thiefuna vez visto, no se olvida→ bite 1 1quien roba una vez roba diezExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (formerly) See examples: a health care system which was once the pride of the nation
- The defeat means Sweden have still only once been past the second round stage since 1974.
- Instead of delivering twice a day, including in the morning, it now delivers once, at lunchtime.
- More than once Walt has caught her talking to herself when in fact she was speaking to Fred.
once I wouldn't have said anything, but now …un sistema de asistencia sanitaria que antes era or que en su día fue el orgullo de la naciónun sistema de asistencia sanitaria que supo ser el orgullo de la nación [literary]he's not as good as he once wasantes no habría dicho nada, pero ahora …the once magnificent churchya no es lo que eraonce upon a time there was a princessla que fue or [literary] la que otrora fuera una espléndida iglesiaérase una vez or había una vez una princesa
- It was a strange and eerie feeling riding through the near deserted streets of this once great city that I had read and seen so many films about.
- The field was once part of a terrace of the Whitton Dene manor house and it seems that the trouble began when it was filled in with material to even it out.
- Think of someone who was once young and vital, now old, battered, semi-literate and living off the social.
- 2 (in phrases) all at once (suddenly) at oncecome here at once!don't all shout at once¡ven aquí inmediatamente or ahora mismo!don't eat it all at onceno griten todos al mismo tiempo or a la vezthe book is at once funny and instructiveno te lo comas todo de una vez or [colloquial] de una sentadafor onceel libro es divertido e instructivo a la vezonce again o once morepor una vezonce again, I'd like to thank you for comingotra vezdo that once more and I'll tell your father!quisiera agradecerles, otra vez or una vez más, que hayan venidoonce (and) for allcomo vuelvas a hacer eso, se lo digo a tu padre(every) once in a while once or twicede una vez por todasuna o dos vecesun par de veces
- una vez que(with verb omitted)once you get started, it's hard to stoponce inside the house, she felt saferuna vez que empiezas, es difícil pararonce alone, he began to have doubtsuna vez dentro de la casa, se sintió más seguraen cuanto se quedó solo, lo acometieron las dudasExample sentences
- I will comment further on this once I have had a chance to fully digest it myself.
- And who is there to offer support for the homeless once Christmas is over?
- The Echo will publish information on the community petition once details are finalised.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than