Translation of oncoming in Spanish:
adjective (before noun)
- 1.1(vehicle/traffic)que viene en dirección contrariaExample sentences1.2
(winter)que viene or se aproximaExample sentences
- Anyone who has rushed to get across a Hong Kong street in front of oncoming traffic knows that moving on two feet can be dangerous here.
- The suicidal Beatrice who is now ready to step intentionally in front of an oncoming car picks out a man across the street to focus her resolve.
- His 22-year-old brother was thrown in front of an oncoming car, which narrowly missed him after the driver swerved.
- In a descriptive passage that recalls Pickthall's poetry, the story attributes a pre-verbal understanding of the signs of the oncoming winter to both men.
- She smiled wryly to herself, thinking that perhaps he, like the local songbirds and crows, had flown south to avoid the oncoming winter.
- Most of the wildlife was preparing for the oncoming winter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.