Translation of oncoming in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
- 1.1 [vehicle/traffic] que viene en dirección contrariaExample sentences1.2 [winter] que viene or se aproxima
- Anyone who has rushed to get across a Hong Kong street in front of oncoming traffic knows that moving on two feet can be dangerous here.
- The suicidal Beatrice who is now ready to step intentionally in front of an oncoming car picks out a man across the street to focus her resolve.
- His 22-year-old brother was thrown in front of an oncoming car, which narrowly missed him after the driver swerved.
- In a descriptive passage that recalls Pickthall's poetry, the story attributes a pre-verbal understanding of the signs of the oncoming winter to both men.
- She smiled wryly to herself, thinking that perhaps he, like the local songbirds and crows, had flown south to avoid the oncoming winter.
- Most of the wildlife was preparing for the oncoming winter.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.