Translation of oneself in Spanish:
- [formal] (reflexive)(after prep)sí mismo(emphatic use)to cut oneselfuno mismoto enjoy oneselfcortarseif one looks after oneselfdivertirseto talk about oneselfsi uno se cuidato do something oneselfhablar de sí mismoto experience something for oneselfhacer algo uno mismoexperimentar algo uno mismo or personalmenteExample sentences
- They say the biggest challenge for one is to understand oneself.
- That's what comes from subjecting oneself to confusion and some painfully obvious bias on both sides of the argument.
- Why subject oneself voluntarily to the kind of pain involved in running 21K?
- These things could be learned from friends and relatives, or from reading the right kinds of books oneself.
- They take the easier way out, and when that comes to eating, it is easier to stop into a fast food restaurant than to prepare a meal oneself.
- Gelatin agar - is there a way to make it oneself?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.