Translation of opening in Spanish:
- 1 countable (gap, passage)(in hedge) abertura (feminine)(in crowd) claro (masculine)(in forest) claro (masculine)Example sentences
- She brought Ross in on the project, and he designed the slightly conical space with window openings positioned in relation to astronomical movements.
- Above all, the female body was assumed to be moulded, enclosed: all openings sealed, all passage denied.
- This was the opening of the secret passage leading to her own room on the third floor.
- 2 2.1 uncountable and countable(before noun) (remarks)opening price
inicialprecio (masculine) inicialthe opening scenela primera escenaExample sentences2.2 countable (Games)
(before noun) (move/gambit)
- Good openings might include a story, a camper situation that they might have to deal with, a staff!
- During the big pauses between each of the short, sobbing phrases at the opening of the Tristan prelude, you could have heard a pin drop.
- Its slowburning choppy intro starts like the opening to a Jewish hymn, before the entire band bursts into a kaleidoscopic sound addiction.
de apertura or salidaExample sentences
- The idea is that one can play this opening without having to memorize a great number of lines.
- Because this opening is a mainstay in the repertoires of tens of thousands of amateurs.
- If you are looking for an offbeat new opening, this book may be the answer to your dreams.
- 3 countable and uncountable(of exhibition, building) inauguración (feminine)(Cinema, Theatre)the opening of Parliament
estreno (masculine)la apertura del Parlamento(before noun) (ceremony)
- Children at the Morden school had double cause for celebration with the opening of a building extension on Wednesday.
- They can't really celebrate the opening of the building without the architect.
- Large crowds were gathered to celebrate the opening of a new sewage plant, another step along the road of reconstruction.
- 4 uncountable (period when open) hours of opening(of shop) horario (masculine) comercial(of bank, office) horario (masculine) de atención al públicolate opening till 8pm on Thursdayslos jueves abierto hasta las 8(before noun) opening daydía (masculine) de la inauguración
- 5 countable 5.1 (favorable opportunity) I don't want to provide her with an opening to complainno quiero darle pie or oportunidad para que se quejeExample sentences5.2 (job vacancy)
- Entrepreneurs with an eye for opportunities have seized on openings offered by the JFPM to create their own niche markets in the complex.
- They haven't had many openings that are this opportune for them, and so they're naturally taking it, and you know, one can't blame them, that's politics.
- You and Gabrielle can see opportunities and openings that we can't, and you're both fast enough to take them.
- There were no professional openings available to me in Scotland at the time.
- Todd Brun has put together a list of faculty openings and postdoctoral positions available in quantum information processing.
- The cost of a public school and university education was high for middle-class families, and there was increased competition for available openings in the professions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.