Translation of opening in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (gap, passage — in hedge) abertura (feminine); (— in fence) abertura (feminine), brecha (feminine); (— in crowd) claro (masculine); (— in forest) claro (masculine)Example sentences
- She brought Ross in on the project, and he designed the slightly conical space with window openings positioned in relation to astronomical movements.
- Above all, the female body was assumed to be moulded, enclosed: all openings sealed, all passage denied.
- This was the opening of the secret passage leading to her own room on the third floor.
- 2 2.1 u and c (beginning, initial stage) apertura (feminine), comienzo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [remarks] inicial opening price precio (masculine) inicial the opening scene la primera escena 2.2 countable/numerable [Games/Juegos] apertura (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [move/gambit] de apertura or salidaExample sentences
- The idea is that one can play this opening without having to memorize a great number of lines.
- Because this opening is a mainstay in the repertoires of tens of thousands of amateurs.
- If you are looking for an offbeat new opening, this book may be the answer to your dreams.
- Good openings might include a story, a camper situation that they might have to deal with, a staff!
- During the big pauses between each of the short, sobbing phrases at the opening of the Tristan prelude, you could have heard a pin drop.
- Its slowburning choppy intro starts like the opening to a Jewish hymn, before the entire band bursts into a kaleidoscopic sound addiction.
- 3 c and u (of exhibition, building) inauguración (feminine); [Cinema/Cine] [Theater/Teatro] estreno (masculine) the opening of Parliament la apertura del Parlamento (before noun/delante del nombre) [ceremony] inaugural, de inauguración; [speech] inauguralExample sentences
- Children at the Morden school had double cause for celebration with the opening of a building extension on Wednesday.
- They can't really celebrate the opening of the building without the architect.
- Large crowds were gathered to celebrate the opening of a new sewage plant, another step along the road of reconstruction.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable (period when open) hours of opening (of shop) horario (masculine) comercial (of bank, office) horario (masculine) de atención al público late opening till 8pm on Thursdays los jueves abierto hasta las 8 (before noun/delante del nombre) opening day día (masculine) de la inauguración
- 5 countable/numerable 5.1 (favorable opportunity) oportunidad (feminine) I don't want to provide her with an opening to complain no quiero darle pie or oportunidad para que se queje 5.2 (job vacancy) oportunidad (feminine), vacante (feminine)Example sentences
- There were no professional openings available to me in Scotland at the time.
- Todd Brun has put together a list of faculty openings and postdoctoral positions available in quantum information processing.
- The cost of a public school and university education was high for middle-class families, and there was increased competition for available openings in the professions.
- Entrepreneurs with an eye for opportunities have seized on openings offered by the JFPM to create their own niche markets in the complex.
- They haven't had many openings that are this opportune for them, and so they're naturally taking it, and you know, one can't blame them, that's politics.
- You and Gabrielle can see opportunities and openings that we can't, and you're both fast enough to take them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.