Translation of operative in Spanish:
- 1 (having effect) to be operative [rules/measures] estar* en vigor or en vigencia as soon as these measures become operative en cuanto estas medidas entren en vigor or en vigencia the operative part of the agreement la parte pertinente del acuerdo the operative word la palabra clave
- 2 [Medicine/Medicina] (before noun/delante del nombre) [procedure/technique] quirúrgicoExample sentences
- They will not be operative there and in effect it is the same as being anywhere else in the country.
- Still, the crowding-out effect is operative as the new money ‘printed’ by the government is competing for resources with old money saved by the public.
- In 1999 and 2000, its members decided to transfer its operative functions into the EU, in order to strengthen its European Security and Defence Policy.
- For some major types of surgery, operative mortality is an important measure of performance.
- Patients found unfit on account of low PFT values for a particular type of surgery were rejected for operative procedure.
- However, the medical therapy is generally not very effective and should be reserved for patients unwilling to undergo dilation or surgery or poor operative candidates.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...