Translation of operative in Spanish:
- 1 (having effect) to be operative (rules/measures)estar en vigor or en vigenciaas soon as these measures become operativeen cuanto estas medidas entren en vigor or en vigenciathe operative part of the agreementla parte pertinente del acuerdothe operative wordla palabra clave
- 2 (Medicine) (before noun)(procedure/technique)
- They will not be operative there and in effect it is the same as being anywhere else in the country.
- Still, the crowding-out effect is operative as the new money ‘printed’ by the government is competing for resources with old money saved by the public.
- In 1999 and 2000, its members decided to transfer its operative functions into the EU, in order to strengthen its European Security and Defence Policy.
- For some major types of surgery, operative mortality is an important measure of performance.
- Patients found unfit on account of low PFT values for a particular type of surgery were rejected for operative procedure.
- However, the medical therapy is generally not very effective and should be reserved for patients unwilling to undergo dilation or surgery or poor operative candidates.
- 1.1 (worker) [formal]operario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)production operative 1.2 (detective, spy)Example sentences
- A secret CIA operative, he committed 33 assassinations - or so Confessions of a Dangerous Mind would have us believe.
- Intelligence analysts and operatives surf its secrets with the ease of an Internet user shopping for books online.
- Cooper has repeatedly refused to reveal his confidential sources, sources for an article he wrote about the naming of the secret CIA operative.
- The lay people, it should be added, are most likely to be the technical operatives in the seed industry in the USA.
- Pride of place must go to our local County Council operatives and temporary workers who led by splendid example throughout.
- Most were packers but others worked as machine operatives or fork-lift truck drivers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.