Translation of operator in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Telecom] operador, (masculine, feminine) telephone/switchboard operator telefonista (masculine and feminine), operador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of equipment) operario, (masculine, feminine); [Computing/Informática] operador, (masculine, feminine) the machine operator el maquinista, el operario de la máquina
- Lonesome tells the story of a punch-press operator named Jim and a telephone switchboard operator named Mary who are desperately lonely, and then meet by chance during a holiday at Coney Island.
- There used to be a lot of more telephone switchboard operators around also, but technology made that job obsolete.
- The protective services department and the telephone switchboard operators also were notified.
- There are cooks, office staff, engineers, equipment operators, mechanics, welders, bosses, planners and many more jobs available at a mine.
- In such cases, the disease can be very dangerous for machine operators and drivers.
- So Griffin works as a machine operator at civil engineering company Westmode in Swindon.
- 2 2.1 (company) empresa (feminine), compañía (feminine) 2.2 (person) [colloquial/familiar] a smart operator un tipo vivo [colloquial/familiar], un vivales (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar] he has shown himself to be an effective political operator ha demostrado ser un político muy hábil he's a smooth o slick operator es de los que saben conseguir lo que quierenExample sentences
- One of Rove's heroes was Mark Hanna, a shrewd political operator from Ohio who helped put William McKinley in the White House in 1896.
- Seemingly on his way out when he was shifted from the Foreign Office at the last reshuffle, this shrewd operator may have identified a swift route back to the heart of the government.
- A business graduate, he began to earn a name for himself as a shrewd and energetic operator at NCB stockbrokers.
- He says there is a social aspect to the credit union movement, which consumers tired of greedy financial service industry operators find refreshing.
- The premier approved a controversial plan by transport secretary Stephen Byers to take Railtrack, the privatised national rail operator, into administration.
- The establishment of SBCGT has been therefore a response to the demand for credit and finance facilities by small business operators.
- 3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] operador (masculine)Example sentences
- His recent breakthroughs in the theory of characteristic functions for several commuting operators indicate that in spite of his seventy years, mathematically Moshe is still a young man.
- Smoothing operators and functions have been used for interpolation and, more generally, data fitting.
- Why does he require the associative law to hold if his symbols are operators?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.