Translation of opinion in Spanish:
- 1 countable (belief) what's your opinion?¿qué opinas?if I want your opinion, I'll ask for it
¿qué te parece?
¿cuál es tu opinión or parecer?cuando quiera saber tu opinión, te la pediréif you ask my opinion, I think it's ridiculousen mi opinión es ridículoI haven't had time to form an opinionno he tenido tiempo de formarme una opiniónopinions differhay diferentes opiniones al respectoa woman of strong opinionsuna mujer muy convencida de sus ideasshe expressed the opinion that it was a mistakeopinó que era un errorto be of the opinion that …ser de la opinión or del parecer de que …Tim was of the same opinionTim era de la misma opinión or del mismo parecerin my opinionen mi opiniónin Freud's opinion
a mi parecer
a mi juiciosegún Freudthat's a matter of opinion
en opinión de Freud [formal]eso es discutibleopinion
ono aboutsomethingopiniónopinion sobreor acerca dealgo ofsomething/somebodywhat's your opinion of the plan/of Robinson?¿qué opina del plan/de Robinson?to have a good o high/poor o low opinion of something/somebody
¿qué opinión le merece el plan/Robinson?tener buena/mala opinión de algo/alguienshe held a very poor opinion of himno le merecía buena opinión
no tenía buena opinión de élExample sentences
- In fact, in my opinion, in the future you are either going to have to be very large or very small in this business.
- In fact, in my opinion, the attitude of the authorities has simply worsened.
- The two, in my opinion, aren't necessarily related in the short term.
- 2 countable 2.1 (evaluation, judgment) professional/expert opinionopinión profesional/de un expertoI'd like a second opinionme gustaría consultarlo con otro especialista2.2 (Law)opinión (feminine)to take counsel's opinion
asesoría (feminine) legalasesorarse con un abogadoExample sentences
- For all of these reasons, the plurality opinion is open to criticism.
- In his sentencing opinion, Judge Moore said that to sentence him as an adult would mean giving up on the juvenile justice system.
- It might be refreshing, though, to have a Supreme Court Justice who writes opinions with critical comments directed at himself.
- They generally did not have a high opinion of the quality of audited financial statements issued by the balance of Bulgarian companies.
- I didn't want to be honest with her as to my opinion of the quality of that statement, so I said nothing in reply.
- 3 uncountable (of body of people) informed opinion has it that there is no danger of this happeningla opinión de los entendidos en la materia es que no hay peligro de que esto ocurraopinion is moving away from the nuclear optionel consenso de opinión está dejando de lado la opción nuclearliterary opinion is dividedla opinión del mundo literario está divididathis action has outraged liberal opinioneste hecho ha indignado a los (que mantienen opiniones) liberalesinfluential and opinion-forming articlesartículos (masculine plural) influyentes y formadores de opiniónExample sentences
- The traditional view, and I'm sure the majority of opinion supports it, is that the Attorney-General does have a role.
- It went through six printings in its first year, but its effect on majority opinion was, for many years to come, negligible.
- The larger denomination coins and the notes are being spent but the vast majority of opinion regards them as having little spending power.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.