- 1 c (belief) opinión (f), parecer (m) what's your opinion? ¿qué opinas?, ¿qué te parece?, ¿cuál es tu opinión or parecer? if I want your opinion, I'll ask for it cuando quiera saber tu opinión, te la pediré if you ask my opinion, I think it's ridiculous en mi opinión es ridículo I haven't had time to form an opinion no he tenido tiempo de formarme una opinión opinions differ hay diferentes opiniones al respecto a woman of strong opinions una mujer muy convencida de sus ideas she expressed the opinion that it was a mistake opinó que era un error to be of the opinion that ser* de la opinión or del parecer de que Tim was of the same opinion Tim era de la misma opinión or del mismo parecer in my opinion en mi opinión, a mi parecer, a mi juicio in Freud's opinion según Freud, en opinión de Freud [formal] that's a matter of opinion eso es discutible opinion
ono aboutsth opinión sobreor acerca dealgoopinion ofsth/sb what's your opinion of the plan/of Robinson? ¿qué opina del plan/de Robinson?, ¿qué opinión le merece el plan/Robinson? to have a good o high/poor o low opinion of sth/sb tener* buena/mala opinión de algo/algn she held a very poor opinion of him no le merecía buena opinión, no tenía buena opinión de élMore example sentences
- In fact, in my opinion, in the future you are either going to have to be very large or very small in this business.
- In fact, in my opinion, the attitude of the authorities has simply worsened.
- The two, in my opinion, aren't necessarily related in the short term.
- 2 c 2.1 (evaluation, judgment) opinión (f) professional/expert opinion opinión profesional/de un experto I'd like a second opinion me gustaría consultarlo con otro especialista 2.2 [Law] opinión (f), asesoría (f) legal to take counsel's opinion asesorarse con un abogadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- For all of these reasons, the plurality opinion is open to criticism.
- In his sentencing opinion, Judge Moore said that to sentence him as an adult would mean giving up on the juvenile justice system.
- It might be refreshing, though, to have a Supreme Court Justice who writes opinions with critical comments directed at himself.
- They generally did not have a high opinion of the quality of audited financial statements issued by the balance of Bulgarian companies.
- I didn't want to be honest with her as to my opinion of the quality of that statement, so I said nothing in reply.
- 3 u (of body of people) opinión (f) informed opinion has it that there is no danger of this happening la opinión de los entendidos en la materia es que no hay peligro de que esto ocurra opinion is moving away from the nuclear option el consenso de opinión está dejando de lado la opción nuclear literary opinion is divided la opinión del mundo literario está dividida this action has outraged liberal opinion este hecho ha indignado a los (que mantienen opiniones) liberales influential and opinion-forming articles artículos (mpl) influyentes y formadores de opiniónMore example sentences
- The traditional view, and I'm sure the majority of opinion supports it, is that the Attorney-General does have a role.
- It went through six printings in its first year, but its effect on majority opinion was, for many years to come, negligible.
- The larger denomination coins and the notes are being spent but the vast majority of opinion regards them as having little spending power.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.