Translation of opinion in Spanish:
- 1 countable (belief) what's your opinion?if I want your opinion, I'll ask for it¿qué opinas?¿qué te parece?¿cuál es tu opinión or parecer?if you ask my opinion, I think it's ridiculouscuando quiera saber tu opinión, te la pediréI haven't had time to form an opinionen mi opinión es ridículoopinions differno he tenido tiempo de formarme una opinióna woman of strong opinionshay diferentes opiniones al respectoshe expressed the opinion that it was a mistakeuna mujer muy convencida de sus ideasto be of the opinion that …opinó que era un errorTim was of the same opinionser de la opinión or del parecer de que …in my opinionTim era de la misma opinión or del mismo parecerin Freud's opinionen mi opinióna mi juiciothat's a matter of opinionsegún Freuden opinión de Freud [formal]opinioneso es discutible
ono aboutsomethingopinionopinión sobreor acerca dealgo ofsomething/somebodywhat's your opinion of the plan/of Robinson?to have a good o high/poor o low opinion of something/somebody¿qué opina del plan/de Robinson?¿qué opinión le merece el plan/Robinson?she held a very poor opinion of himtener buena/mala opinión de algo/alguienno le merecía buena opiniónno tenía buena opinión de élExample sentences
- In fact, in my opinion, in the future you are either going to have to be very large or very small in this business.
- In fact, in my opinion, the attitude of the authorities has simply worsened.
- The two, in my opinion, aren't necessarily related in the short term.
- 2 countable 2.1 (evaluation, judgment) professional/expert opinionI'd like a second opinionopinión profesional/de un experto2.2 (Law)me gustaría consultarlo con otro especialistato take counsel's opinionasesoría (feminine) legalasesorarse con un abogadoExample sentences
- For all of these reasons, the plurality opinion is open to criticism.
- In his sentencing opinion, Judge Moore said that to sentence him as an adult would mean giving up on the juvenile justice system.
- It might be refreshing, though, to have a Supreme Court Justice who writes opinions with critical comments directed at himself.
- They generally did not have a high opinion of the quality of audited financial statements issued by the balance of Bulgarian companies.
- I didn't want to be honest with her as to my opinion of the quality of that statement, so I said nothing in reply.
- 3 uncountable (of body of people) informed opinion has it that there is no danger of this happeningopinion is moving away from the nuclear optionla opinión de los entendidos en la materia es que no hay peligro de que esto ocurraliterary opinion is dividedel consenso de opinión está dejando de lado la opción nuclearthis action has outraged liberal opinionla opinión del mundo literario está divididainfluential and opinion-forming articleseste hecho ha indignado a los (que mantienen opiniones) liberalesartículos (masculine plural) influyentes y formadores de opiniónExample sentences
- The traditional view, and I'm sure the majority of opinion supports it, is that the Attorney-General does have a role.
- It went through six printings in its first year, but its effect on majority opinion was, for many years to come, negligible.
- The larger denomination coins and the notes are being spent but the vast majority of opinion regards them as having little spending power.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.