Translation of opportune in Spanish:
- [formal] [moment/remark] oportuno your intervention/arrival was most opportune tu intervención/llegada fue de lo más oportunaExample sentences
- The three grants totalling US $7.3 million given to Zambia by Japan could not have come at a more opportune time.
- Journalists alarmed by the directions of both the profession and journalism education said the initiative comes at an opportune time.
- He also believed it was an opportune time to walk away.
- This would facilitate the opportune identification of patients who would benefit from treatment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.