Translation of oppress in Spanish:
- 1.1(nation/minority)Example sentences1.2 (weigh down)
- So when I rail against the corporate capitalist system that oppresses workers, I'm speaking from my own experience.
- It argues that the modern world fosters institutions and ideas that exploit and oppress people and degrade and destroy the environment.
- He has oppressed our people and caused great hardship for too long.
- I've gotten over being oppressed by it though and will carry on.
- On the way, London's ancient, massive buildings, black statues and dirt surround me, oppress and burden me.
- Animal spirits could be low, broken, oppressed, dejected, petulant, harassed or even ruffled beyond description.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.