Translation of oppression in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] opresión (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (feeling) agobio (masculine)
- The trick is always to look at what we are doing today as if we were someplace in the future looking back and figure out what the oppressions and the injustices are that we are committing today and to get them out of our lives.
- It is a struggle to also overcome oppressions based on racism and economic exploitation, as well as a struggle to overcome the legacy of colonialism.
- For example, in one essay he shows how African Americans in the South sought to disable or challenge the oppressions even before the Civil Rights era with tactics like fare beating and silent protest.
- Or perhaps some people are simply destined to poverty, oppression and abuse.
- Now people are subjected to oppression like before independence.
- Now we all labour under the cynical belief that poverty, oppression, exploitation is our destiny and we have to stay with it.
- This is a grim, bleak little movie with precious little emotion to it and a real sense of oppression.
- Their enclosed spaces offer shelter and protection without any sense of oppression.
- Statists see a world of oppression and pain, and get depressed because of global warming and evil multinationals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.