Translation of oppression in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] opresión (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (feeling) agobio (masculine)
- The trick is always to look at what we are doing today as if we were someplace in the future looking back and figure out what the oppressions and the injustices are that we are committing today and to get them out of our lives.
- It is a struggle to also overcome oppressions based on racism and economic exploitation, as well as a struggle to overcome the legacy of colonialism.
- For example, in one essay he shows how African Americans in the South sought to disable or challenge the oppressions even before the Civil Rights era with tactics like fare beating and silent protest.
- Or perhaps some people are simply destined to poverty, oppression and abuse.
- Now people are subjected to oppression like before independence.
- Now we all labour under the cynical belief that poverty, oppression, exploitation is our destiny and we have to stay with it.
- This is a grim, bleak little movie with precious little emotion to it and a real sense of oppression.
- Their enclosed spaces offer shelter and protection without any sense of oppression.
- Statists see a world of oppression and pain, and get depressed because of global warming and evil multinationals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to