- 1.1 [Politics/Política] opresión (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (feeling) agobio (masculine)
- The trick is always to look at what we are doing today as if we were someplace in the future looking back and figure out what the oppressions and the injustices are that we are committing today and to get them out of our lives.
- It is a struggle to also overcome oppressions based on racism and economic exploitation, as well as a struggle to overcome the legacy of colonialism.
- For example, in one essay he shows how African Americans in the South sought to disable or challenge the oppressions even before the Civil Rights era with tactics like fare beating and silent protest.
More example sentences
- Or perhaps some people are simply destined to poverty, oppression and abuse.
- Now people are subjected to oppression like before independence.
- Now we all labour under the cynical belief that poverty, oppression, exploitation is our destiny and we have to stay with it.
- This is a grim, bleak little movie with precious little emotion to it and a real sense of oppression.
- Their enclosed spaces offer shelter and protection without any sense of oppression.
- Statists see a world of oppression and pain, and get depressed because of global warming and evil multinationals.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.