Translation of oppressive in Spanish:
- 1 (Politics)(regime/legislation/measures)
- Examples of the oppressive and repressive treatment of women abound.
- Does the coercive and oppressive treatment of weaving children differ only by degree from the treatment of all carpet weavers?
- They found government harsh and oppressive, complaining of the disparities between the rich and poor.
- This brought a heavily oppressive silence into the room.
- There is very little dialogue in the film, furthering the, at times, oppressive silence weighing upon the viewer.
- When Dan Parks dropped a goal for a 12-6 lead in the 57th minute, an already seething atmosphere became oppressive.
- All the Tests lasted a full five days and were attended by a sizeable crowd despite stifling security, oppressive weather and poor facilities at the venues.
- The oppressive weather we've had this past week makes me want to sleep all day.
- You want to come stay in Tel Aviv one of these days, now that's oppressive weather.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.