Translation of option in Spanish:
- 1 (choice) you have the option to keep your maiden nameI had no option but to resigntienes la posibilidad or opción de conservar tu nombre de solterahe was given the option of early retirementno me quedó más remedio que renunciarno tuve otra alternativa que renunciarto keep o leave one's options openle dieron la posibilidad or opción de anticipar su jubilacióndejar todas las puertas abiertasno descartar ninguna posibilidad or opción
- 2 2.1 (optional feature) (Audio, Cars) 2.2 (Sch, Univ)Example sentences
- Most of the time will be spent on the chosen option but each participant will get some experience of the other areas.
- Mr Daley says apart from the high costs involved, the layout of the building meant the work, which would include widening corridors, was not a practical option.
- A grape vine needs five years to come into commercial production, so leasing is not a practical option.
- 3 (Business, Finance) they have an option on a further 45 aircraftwe want first option (to buy)tienen opción a comprar 45 aviones máscall optionqueremos la primera opción de compraput optionopción callto take an optionopción de enajenación or de ventaopción puthacer uso de una opción de compraExample sentences
- This relief does not apply if the shareholders in the target company retain an option to sell their shares to another company.
- In technical terms, the new chief executive is entitled to be granted an option to buy ordinary shares.
- This involves buying and selling futures or options on shares, bonds or currencies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.