- 1 (choice) opción (feminine), posibilidad (feminine) you have the option to keep your maiden name tienes la posibilidad or opción de conservar tu nombre de soltera I had no option but to resign no me quedó más remedio que renunciar, no tuve otra alternativa que renunciar he was given the option of early retirement le dieron la posibilidad or opción de anticipar su jubilación to keep o leave one's options open dejar todas las puertas abiertas, no descartar ninguna posibilidad or opción
- 2 2.1 (optional feature) [Audio] [Cars/Automovilismo] extra (masculine) 2.2 [Sch] [Univ] (asignatura (feminine)) optativa (feminine)More example sentences
- Most of the time will be spent on the chosen option but each participant will get some experience of the other areas.
- Mr Daley says apart from the high costs involved, the layout of the building meant the work, which would include widening corridors, was not a practical option.
- A grape vine needs five years to come into commercial production, so leasing is not a practical option.
- 3 [Business/Comercio] [Finance] opción (feminine) they have an option on a further 45 aircraft tienen opción a comprar 45 aviones más we want first option (to buy) queremos la primera opción de compra call option opción de compra, opción call put option opción de enajenación or de venta, opción put to take an option hacer* uso de una opción de compraMore example sentences
- This relief does not apply if the shareholders in the target company retain an option to sell their shares to another company.
- In technical terms, the new chief executive is entitled to be granted an option to buy ordinary shares.
- This involves buying and selling futures or options on shares, bonds or currencies.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.