- obra (feminine); [Music/Música] opus (masculine) Opus 73, the Emperor Opus 73, El EmperadorMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Although some composers still assign opus numbers to keep track of their output, it is no longer customary.
- The second piece was another Beethoven opus, Piano Concerto Number 5.
- The opus 39 Waltzes began as a work for solo piano.
- The Toronto art-rockers have a tendency to go for the extreme, whether it is a lavishly orchestrated children's record or a rock opus telling the story of the Group
- Once you've produced your opus, test it carefully before going public.
- Similarly, as with previous recordings, their latest opus is an effective mix of sprawling environmental textures, clanging, gritty percussion and humorous samples.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.