- 1.1 [utterance] del oráculoMore example sentences1.2 (mysterious) misterioso
More example sentences
- Crucially, however, even within the confines of the biological sciences, the science of genetics does not, and cannot, speak with a single, oracular voice.
- Another aspect of the wise-woman's status is that she is regarded as an oracular authority for her community regarding the meaning and significance of experiences they fail to understand - accidents, misfortunes, mysterious illness.
- Their work had an oracular or prophetic immediacy for a civilian population generally starved of real news about the war.
- The diviner employs the arts dramatically, heightening all the senses, to create and highlight this radically different setting for the oracular utterance.
- Speaking as a vague, confused and oracular writer who regularly indulges in verbal obscurity caused by my obvious mental confusion, I would humbly suggest that he is talking complete and utter rubbish.
- Instead of unambiguous statements, the Union contents itself with oracular analyses.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.