Translation of ordain in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 [Religion/Religión] ordenar to ordain a priest/minister ordenar a un sacerdote/pastor he was ordained in 1957 se ordenó en 1957Example sentences
- While in Golden, he was ordained an Episcopal minister and later served residents in Colorado's mining camps during his scientific excursions.
- He was ordained a minister two years ago and is pastor of Perfecting Faith Church in Freeport, New York, which has more than 400 members.
- He was finally ordained as a Presbyterian minister after moving to Utica, New York, in 1822 to become principal of a school.
- 2 2.1 (decree) [formal] to ordain
thatdecretar que(followed by subjunctive/seguido por subjuntivo) 2.2 (predestine) predestinarExample sentences
- It is not ordained by God or determined by Nature.
- Surrender, compromise with the regime, or a cease-fire means abandoning the path ordained by God and signifies an abrogation of the faith.
- In any event, traditionalist liberals are just as able to claim that their faith is directly ordained by God, rather than simply a matter of human interpretation, as are reactionaries.
- It struck me that many West Virginians delighted in telling stories of what happened to their lives the moment the court ordained desegregation.
- She had run from the devastation she had caused and from her brethren, who pursued her to bring her to justice ordained by the council.
- Apparently, it was ordained that two brothers could not be so close, and Paddy was transferred.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the