Translation of ordain in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion) to ordain a priest/ministerordenar a un sacerdote/pastorhe was ordained in 1957se ordenó en 1957Example sentences
- While in Golden, he was ordained an Episcopal minister and later served residents in Colorado's mining camps during his scientific excursions.
- He was ordained a minister two years ago and is pastor of Perfecting Faith Church in Freeport, New York, which has more than 400 members.
- He was finally ordained as a Presbyterian minister after moving to Utica, New York, in 1822 to become principal of a school.
- 2 2.1 (decree) [formal]to ordain
thatdecretar quefollowed by subjunctiveExample sentences2.2 (predestine)
- It struck me that many West Virginians delighted in telling stories of what happened to their lives the moment the court ordained desegregation.
- She had run from the devastation she had caused and from her brethren, who pursued her to bring her to justice ordained by the council.
- Apparently, it was ordained that two brothers could not be so close, and Paddy was transferred.
- It is not ordained by God or determined by Nature.
- Surrender, compromise with the regime, or a cease-fire means abandoning the path ordained by God and signifies an abrogation of the faith.
- In any event, traditionalist liberals are just as able to claim that their faith is directly ordained by God, rather than simply a matter of human interpretation, as are reactionaries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.