Translation of ordain in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion) to ordain a priest/ministerhe was ordained in 1957ordenar a un sacerdote/pastorse ordenó en 1957Example sentences
- While in Golden, he was ordained an Episcopal minister and later served residents in Colorado's mining camps during his scientific excursions.
- He was ordained a minister two years ago and is pastor of Perfecting Faith Church in Freeport, New York, which has more than 400 members.
- He was finally ordained as a Presbyterian minister after moving to Utica, New York, in 1822 to become principal of a school.
- 2 2.1 (decree) [formal]to ordain
that2.2 (predestine)decretar quefollowed by subjunctiveExample sentences
- It is not ordained by God or determined by Nature.
- Surrender, compromise with the regime, or a cease-fire means abandoning the path ordained by God and signifies an abrogation of the faith.
- In any event, traditionalist liberals are just as able to claim that their faith is directly ordained by God, rather than simply a matter of human interpretation, as are reactionaries.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the