Translation of organ in Spanish:
- 1 (Anatomy) the vital organslos órganos vitalesspeech/visual organsórganos del habla/de la vista(male) organ (formal or euphemistic)miembro (masculine) viril (formal or euphemistic)órgano (masculine) [euphemistic](before noun) organ transplanttransplante (masculine) de órganoExample sentences
- An abscess on an internal organ such as the liver or brain may be diagnosed by X-ray or scanning.
- In only specific organs is a biopsy recommended without there being an identifiable lump.
- If you want to have specific organs donated, will doctors remove anything else?
- Brain organs which were used got bigger and those which were not used shrunk, causing the skull to rise and fall with organ development.
- 2 2.1 (agency)Example sentences2.2 (mouthpiece) the organ of the Nationalist Party
el órgano del Partido NacionalistaExample sentences
- Is it a state of affairs where free speech is suppressed by the organs of the State?
- These organs of the global economy are likewise members of the United Nations family.
- The Fascist Party and its organs were dissolved amid popular celebration.
- It was ridiculous to see in this country how some of the leading media organs campaigned for press censorship.
- The party organ had been in the news these days for all the wrong reasons.
- He was an editorial writer for the Central Daily News, the chief organ of the ruling Nationalist Party.
- 3 (Music) (before noun) organ gallery or loftExample sentences
- The sounds of the organ and the choir used to mesmerize the faithful in those days.
- The mass is sung by a vocal ensemble of six solo voices doubled by six instruments with organ.
- The organ sounded from the front of the church, the rich tones bringing me out of my reverie.
- It is a song of hope and justice. Use percussion and guitars rather than an organ or piano.
- The atmosphere is created mostly with pianos and organs, less so the strings of the past few albums.
- Somehow an organ and a drum kit can sound like Venus' doors swooping wide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.