Translation of organic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [Biology/Biología] [disease/life] orgánicoExample sentences
- The carbon dioxide is derived almost entirely from the bacterial decomposition of organic matter in soil.
- The first step in properly decontaminating instruments, whether by hand or machine, is a cool water rinse to remove organic debris.
- Blum has only 13 acres of maintained turf, on which he uses mostly organic fertilizers and low-toxic pesticides.
- During photosynthesis, plants reduce carbon from carbon dioxide to form organic molecules.
- In this process the ether is shaken with an organic solute in aqueous solution.
- Carbohydrates are one of the most widely occurring types of organic compounds.
Example sentences1.2 [fertilizer] orgánico, natural; [farming] ecológico, biológico, sin pesticidas ni fertilizantes artificiales; [vegetable] biológico, cultivado sin pesticidas ni fertilizantes artificiales
- A recent study, however, showed that the use of modern technology minimised the likelihood of missing organic disease.
- Often, the fatigue is transient or can be attributed to a definable organic illness.
- The reported patients mostly had normal lung function and did not have diagnosed organic illnesses.
Example sentences1.3 [Chemistry/Química] [compound/substance] orgánico
- Have you had goals in mind throughout your career, or has your development been fairly organic?
- Development is an organic process, so we inevitably added and expanded on a few features that greatly improved the product.
- We continue to gain market share in key target markets and achieve good revenue growth from both acquisitions and organic developments.
- Europe is taking the lead in the shift to sustainable farming practices and organic food production.
- In theory, organic methods of food production sound ideal.
- Perhaps the most obvious immediate alternative to the conventional farming treadmill is for farmers to convert their production to organic methods.
- 2 2.1 (coordinated) [whole/body/system] orgánico 2.2 (integral) [part] integral, integranteExample sentences
- I took diverse or disparate elements and gave them some kind of organic unity.
- The majority of the songs on the album blend each element into a full, organic, and integrated whole.
- There is no sense of organic unity in the work as a whole - one is simply taken from event to event, often at speed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the