- 1 [Biol] [Bot] organismo (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Green plants are the only organisms in the natural world that can make their own food.
- Eventually, it melts to supply water and nutrients to plants and aquatic organisms.
- Plants are aerobic organisms that rely on oxygen for development and metabolism.
- Basically us humans are only organisms, we are the same as a plant, a dog, even a bacteria.
- In the human organism, cholesterol is the parent compound of all steroid hormones.
- Humans and all other organisms are related by evolution to a common ancestor.
- 2 (coordinated whole) organismo (m)More example sentences
- There are some intelligent people in it, but the organism of the government is not intelligent.
- Broadly speaking, the Greeks viewed the Universe as a living organism rather than as a mechanism like a watch.
- According to Richard Pascale, if you want your company to stay alive, then try running it like a living organism.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
peronismo is a political movement, known officially as justicialismo, named for the populist politician Colonel Juan Domingo Perón, elected President of Argentina in 1946. An admirer of Italian fascism, Perón claimed always to be a champion of the workers and the poor, the descamisados (shirtless ones), to whom his first wife Eva Duarte (`Evita') became a kind of icon, especially after her death in 1952. Although he instituted some social reforms, Perón's regime proved increasingly repressive and he was ousted by the army in 1955. He returned from exile to become president in 1973, but died in office a year later. The Partido Justicialista has governed Argentina almost continuously since 1989, under Presidents Carlos Menem, Néstor Kirchner, and Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Néstor Kirchner's widow, who was re-elected President in 2011.