Translation of organize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (arrange, set up) [event/activity/strike] organizar* we must get his farewell party organized tenemos que organizarle la despedida have you got anything organized for this evening? ¿tienes algún plan para esta noche? organized activities actividades (feminine plural) organizadas 1.2(organizing present participle/participio presente (before noun/delante del nombre))[body/committee] organizadorExample sentences
- They would also appreciate support from volunteers prepared to help organise the event, which, it is hoped, will rise from the ashes by autumn next year.
- There is a local committee, which discusses the running of the home, a fund-raising committee and a house committee, which also organises social events.
- Should the game take off, Wong and his team are prepared to organize gatherings and tournaments.
- 2 (systematize) [ideas/life] ordenar you've got to organize your time better tienes que organizarte mejor I haven't had time to get myself organized no he tenido tiempo de organizarme
- 3 (form into union or political group) sindicalizar* (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , sindicar* (especially Spain/especialmente España)
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (arrange things) organizar* 1.2 (form union or political group) sindicalizarse* (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , sindicarse* (especially Spain/especialmente España)Example sentences
- Trade unions depend for their effectiveness on organising the majority of the workers in any workplace or industry.
- By the early twentieth century the brotherhoods had organized the majority of workers in the railroad running trades.
- Fascism attempts to organize the newly created proletarian masses without affecting the property structure which the masses strive to eliminate.
- There is a good selection and often items are organized in order of the ascending price range.
- Children need to know that we sort and classify things every day in order to organize information.
- The officials reasoned that it would be too complicated to organize a system that sees the rich pay a higher fee.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.