Translation of ornate in Spanish:
- 1.1 [decoration/vase] ornamentado, elaborado; [pejorative/peyorativo], recargadoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [language/style] florido; [pejorative/peyorativo], ampuloso
- While poster art continued to prosper, the ornate details of Art Nouveau vanished.
- They have been found before but rarely with such ornate decoration and never in South Lakeland.
- The rest of our time is spent in silence, until we arrive at an ornate door decorated with cranes and dragons.
- His German epic entitled Parzifal is a massive literary production and was highly ornate in style.
- Linguistic style: Someone may write in an ornate style, speak in a laconic style, and have an aggressive style when arguing.
- As a consequence, these genres do not strive to show events in their experiential immediacy and do not use an excessively ornate style of presentation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.