Translation of ornate in Spanish:
- 1.1(decoration/vase)ornamentado[pejorative]Example sentences
- While poster art continued to prosper, the ornate details of Art Nouveau vanished.
- They have been found before but rarely with such ornate decoration and never in South Lakeland.
- The rest of our time is spent in silence, until we arrive at an ornate door decorated with cranes and dragons.
- His German epic entitled Parzifal is a massive literary production and was highly ornate in style.
- Linguistic style: Someone may write in an ornate style, speak in a laconic style, and have an aggressive style when arguing.
- As a consequence, these genres do not strive to show events in their experiential immediacy and do not use an excessively ornate style of presentation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.