- 1.1 [decoration/vase] ornamentado, elaborado; [pejorative/peyorativo], recargadoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [language/style] florido; [pejorative/peyorativo], ampuloso
- While poster art continued to prosper, the ornate details of Art Nouveau vanished.
- They have been found before but rarely with such ornate decoration and never in South Lakeland.
- The rest of our time is spent in silence, until we arrive at an ornate door decorated with cranes and dragons.
- His German epic entitled Parzifal is a massive literary production and was highly ornate in style.
- Linguistic style: Someone may write in an ornate style, speak in a laconic style, and have an aggressive style when arguing.
- As a consequence, these genres do not strive to show events in their experiential immediacy and do not use an excessively ornate style of presentation.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.