Translation of ostracize in Spanish:
hacerle el vacío a
condenar al ostracismo(nation)she was ostracized by her fellow workers
aislarsus compañeros de trabajo le hacían el vacíoExample sentences
- You would essentially be ostracising yourself from your society's culture.
- It was almost impossible for them to contemplate escaping to a society that would only ostracise them and condemn them as sinners.
- Those who stepped out of line, who adopted Western styles or non-conformist attitudes, found themselves ostracized, assaulted, and even imprisoned.
- The chief result of the War was that the Athenian Empire was divided, the subject states of the Delian league were liberated, direct democracy failed and Pericles was ostracized.
- This was the issue on which opposition to him was focused by Thucydides son of Melesias, a relative of Cimon, but Thucydides was ostracized c. 443 and the building continued.
- Requiring that someone had over 6000 votes before being ostracised was an added feature to try to ensure that only when a person was unpopular with a large number of voters was exile the result.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.