- 1 1.1 (unit) onza (f) (28,35 gramos)More example sentences1.2 (AmE) fluid ounce 1.3 (small quantity) (no pl) if you had an ounce of decency/sense/courage … si tuvieras una pizca de vergüenza/sentido común/valor … there's not an ounce of evidence no existe la más mínima prueba with his last ounce of strength con las últimas fuerzas que le quedaban
More example sentences
- Most cohort members reported their offspring's birth weights in pounds and ounces.
- For the cauliflower foam: Melt two and one-half ounces of the butter in a saucepan until foaming.
- For the mushroom rillettes, in a medium saucepan, melt four ounces of butter over medium heat.
- The crew recites the dialogue by heart and mimics the actors without an ounce of embarrassment.
- But if the commentor is right, it would be an even more ridiculous point to make - pure smear, without an ounce of journalistic content.
- The tiny hotel, technically a ‘restaurant with rooms’ as it has only five of them, is a haven of oak-beamed loveliness without an ounce of tweeness to spoil it.
- 2 [Zool] onza (f)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)