- 1 (unit)onza (feminine) (28,35 gramos)Example sentences
- Most cohort members reported their offspring's birth weights in pounds and ounces.
- For the cauliflower foam: Melt two and one-half ounces of the butter in a saucepan until foaming.
- For the mushroom rillettes, in a medium saucepan, melt four ounces of butter over medium heat.
- 2 (American English) → fluid ounce
- 3 (small quantity) (no plural) if you had an ounce of decency/sense/courage …si tuvieras una pizca de vergüenza/sentido común/valor …there's not an ounce of evidenceno existe la más mínima pruebawith his last ounce of strengthcon las últimas fuerzas que le quedabanExample sentences
- The crew recites the dialogue by heart and mimics the actors without an ounce of embarrassment.
- But if the commentor is right, it would be an even more ridiculous point to make - pure smear, without an ounce of journalistic content.
- The tiny hotel, technically a ‘restaurant with rooms’ as it has only five of them, is a haven of oak-beamed loveliness without an ounce of tweeness to spoil it.