Translation of outflank in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] flanquearExample sentences1.2 (gain advantage over) [competitor/rival] aventajar
- Static warfare prevented observation of anything beyond the front line by ground forces, which could not hope to outflank the enemy to observe unseen.
- It was designed to deliver a frontal strike and to create a chance to outflank the enemy's strong points.
- ‘We're going to outflank the enemy and catch them by surprise,’ she told them.
- He has so far cleverly outwitted and outflanked this attempt to marginalize him on the political stage.
- The promotion was an attempt to outflank its rival, which was winning over viewers by hiring younger, more attractive presenters.
- His call to buy more shares and move away from residential property has been labelled an attempt to outflank political opponents on the right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.