Translation of outflank in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Military)Example sentences1.2 (gain advantage over)
- Static warfare prevented observation of anything beyond the front line by ground forces, which could not hope to outflank the enemy to observe unseen.
- It was designed to deliver a frontal strike and to create a chance to outflank the enemy's strong points.
- ‘We're going to outflank the enemy and catch them by surprise,’ she told them.
- He has so far cleverly outwitted and outflanked this attempt to marginalize him on the political stage.
- The promotion was an attempt to outflank its rival, which was winning over viewers by hiring younger, more attractive presenters.
- His call to buy more shares and move away from residential property has been labelled an attempt to outflank political opponents on the right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.