Translation of outflank in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] flanquearExample sentences1.2 (gain advantage over) [competitor/rival] aventajar
- Static warfare prevented observation of anything beyond the front line by ground forces, which could not hope to outflank the enemy to observe unseen.
- It was designed to deliver a frontal strike and to create a chance to outflank the enemy's strong points.
- ‘We're going to outflank the enemy and catch them by surprise,’ she told them.
- He has so far cleverly outwitted and outflanked this attempt to marginalize him on the political stage.
- The promotion was an attempt to outflank its rival, which was winning over viewers by hiring younger, more attractive presenters.
- His call to buy more shares and move away from residential property has been labelled an attempt to outflank political opponents on the right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.