Translation of outlet in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for liquid, gas) salida (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [valve] de escape, de vaciado outlet pipe conducto (masculine) de desagüe (discharging at sea) emisario (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Electricity/Electricidad] toma (feminine) de corriente, tomacorriente (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina)
- In the base of the gutter were outlets leading to drain pipes to take the water away.
- They ventured through the old rust belt of inner city Melbourne and along the merry creek until they came across the outlet of a storm water pipe.
- Large plastic pipes run from the outlet of the four blowers to airtight holes drilled in the platform.
- The rechargeable battery may be charged by a battery charger that is connected to the solar cell and can be optionally connected to an electrical outlet by a charging cord.
- The vapor barrier should fit tightly around electrical outlets, doors, windows and other openings.
- Air can leak in or out of the home from door and window frames, electrical outlets and exhaust vents, to name just a few of the culprits.
- 2 (means of expression) this frustration has to have an outlet esta frustración tiene que tener una válvula de escape she found an outlet for her feelings encontró cómo canalizar sus sentimientos
- 3 [Business/Comercio] [Marketing/Márketing] punto (masculine) de venta retail outlet tienda (feminine) al por menor the company must find new outlets for its products la compañía debe hallar nuevas salidas de mercado para sus productosExample sentences
- This is where the young hang out, in coffee shops, fast-food outlets, shopping malls and on the street itself.
- If fast food outlets sold tuna salads and sticks of celery there wouldn't be half the problem.
- Not all shops in outlets malls are outlets and sell items cheaper then normal.
- Plastics are a problem because there are few outlets and the market isn't great.
- They often produce in limited quantities, so traditional wholesale market outlets are not a viable option.
- If one recalls, the village markets provided the outlet for local produce and products.
- Plans are also underway to open 20 outlet stores in strategic locations across the United States which are expected to dramatically improve market share.
- One can see the stretch dotted with factory outlets of almost all the leading brands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...