Translation of outline in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (contour) (before noun) outline sketchExample sentences1.2 (shape)
- And the next shot is exactly that of a languid, exquisitely shaped flower which picks up and repeats the outline of the bound foot.
- The common female pictogram usually appears on women's restrooms, and the figure typically has the outline of a skirt.
- Proportion we say is these outlines and contours positioned in proportion in their places.
- 2 (summary) make an outline of the article before you start writinghaz un esquema del artículo antes de empezar a escribira brief outline of events so farun breve resumen de lo sucedido hasta ahorahere, in broad outline, is the plana grandes rasgos or en líneas generales, el plan es el siguiente(before noun) the project has received outline approvalel proyecto ha sido aprobado en principiooutline planplano (masculine) preliminar
- 1 (sketch)(shape)
bosquejar(map)the trees stood outlined against the sky
trazarel perfil de los árboles se recortaba contra el cieloeyes can be outlined with blue eyelinerel contorno de los ojos puede acentuarse con delineador azulExample sentences
- The noise was Paula opening the door, blue dawn light outlining the frayed edges of her hair.
- The wind whipped at her skirt pulling the material taut across her calves and thighs, outlining her shape as the marble of a statue.
- Once both coats have dried, carefully outline the edges of the door with your trim material (we glued on a gold border).
- 2 (summarize)(plan/situation)
dar una idea general deExample sentences
- At the start of each day, a semi-official guide is issued outlining the expected order of business.
- We issued a report outlining the problem and made recommendations on how to solve it.
- Delegates said a statement will be issued later outlining the results of the meetings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.