Translation of outline in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (contour) contorno (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) outline sketch esbozo (masculine), bosquejo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (shape) perfil (masculine)
- And the next shot is exactly that of a languid, exquisitely shaped flower which picks up and repeats the outline of the bound foot.
- The common female pictogram usually appears on women's restrooms, and the figure typically has the outline of a skirt.
- Proportion we say is these outlines and contours positioned in proportion in their places.
- 2 (summary) make an outline of the article before you start writing haz un esquema del artículo antes de empezar a escribir a brief outline of events so far un breve resumen de lo sucedido hasta ahora here, in broad outline, is the plan a grandes rasgos or en líneas generales, el plan es el siguiente (before noun/delante del nombre) the project has received outline approval el proyecto ha sido aprobado en principio outline plan plano (masculine) preliminar
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (sketch) [shape] bosquejar; [map] trazar* the trees stood outlined against the sky el perfil de los árboles se recortaba contra el cielo eyes can be outlined with blue eyeliner el contorno de los ojos puede acentuarse con delineador azul 1.2 (summarize) [plan/situation] esbozar*, explicar* resumidamente, dar* una idea general de
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.