Translation of outpost in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] avanzada (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (settlement) puesto (masculine) de avanzada the hotel was the only outpost of civilization in the place el hotel era el único reducto civilizado del lugar
- After the attack on the outpost, he kept the battalion moving.
- Another enemy attack captures an outpost on the approaches to Hill 1220.
- Police said the guerrillas disarmed paramilitary troops manning the outpost after a brief fire-fight.
- You do not need to be reminded that it is no longer an English organization with headquarters on the banks of the Thames and outposts scattered about the Empire on which the sun was said never to set.
- Although the muscular Frenchman never fought ancient foes of the tricolour, the athletic Blanc peacefully presides over a diving operation at one of the remotest outposts of the French empire.
- The countdown has begun to a celebration of York's past as a vital outpost of a multi-national empire, with the city's second annual Roman Festival.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.