- 1.1 [Mil] avanzada (f)More example sentences1.2 (settlement) puesto (m) de avanzada the hotel was the only outpost of civilization in the place el hotel era el único reducto civilizado del lugar
More example sentences
- After the attack on the outpost, he kept the battalion moving.
- Another enemy attack captures an outpost on the approaches to Hill 1220.
- Police said the guerrillas disarmed paramilitary troops manning the outpost after a brief fire-fight.
- You do not need to be reminded that it is no longer an English organization with headquarters on the banks of the Thames and outposts scattered about the Empire on which the sun was said never to set.
- Although the muscular Frenchman never fought ancient foes of the tricolour, the athletic Blanc peacefully presides over a diving operation at one of the remotest outposts of the French empire.
- The countdown has begun to a celebration of York's past as a vital outpost of a multi-national empire, with the city's second annual Roman Festival.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.