Translation of outrageous in Spanish:
- 1.1 (scandalous)(manners/language)how dare you! this is outrageous!it is outrageous that we should be expected to pay¡cómo te atreves! ¡esto es intolerable!es escandaloso que pretendan que paguemos nosotrosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unconventional)
- This is, as been stated, one of the most outrageous acts I have ever seen.
- We need the people who are responsible for these stupid and outrageous acts to come to their senses and put a stop to it.
- It was an outrageous act and what was really upsetting from my point of view is that the referee did not look at it.
(comedy)he tries hard to be outrageousgraciosísimose esfuerza por resultar atrevido or por escandalizar
- He was bold, outrageous, witty, shocking and sympathetic without being the least bit soppy or sentimental.
- It is a target rather than an outrageous boast, but should he achieve it, perhaps then he will be considered by observers to be an unqualified success.
- It reminds me of being a student when I used to wear mildly outrageous things, rather than the standard business attire I wear nowadays.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.