Translation of outrageous in Spanish:
- 1.1 (scandalous) [behavior/state of affairs] vergonzoso, escandaloso, atroz; [injustice] indignante, atroz; [manners/language] injurioso; [demands/price] escandaloso, exorbitante, abusivo how dare you! this is outrageous! ¡cómo te atreves! ¡esto es intolerable! it is outrageous that we should be expected to pay es escandaloso que pretendan que paguemos nosotrosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unconventional) [clothes] extravagante, estrafalario; [comedy] graciosísimo he tries hard to be outrageous se esfuerza por resultar atrevido or por escandalizar
- This is, as been stated, one of the most outrageous acts I have ever seen.
- We need the people who are responsible for these stupid and outrageous acts to come to their senses and put a stop to it.
- It was an outrageous act and what was really upsetting from my point of view is that the referee did not look at it.
- He was bold, outrageous, witty, shocking and sympathetic without being the least bit soppy or sentimental.
- It is a target rather than an outrageous boast, but should he achieve it, perhaps then he will be considered by observers to be an unqualified success.
- It reminds me of being a student when I used to wear mildly outrageous things, rather than the standard business attire I wear nowadays.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.