Translation of outrageous in Spanish:
- 1.1 (scandalous)(manners/language)how dare you! this is outrageous!
injurioso¡cómo te atreves! ¡esto es intolerable!it is outrageous that we should be expected to payes escandaloso que pretendan que paguemos nosotrosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (unconventional)
- This is, as been stated, one of the most outrageous acts I have ever seen.
- We need the people who are responsible for these stupid and outrageous acts to come to their senses and put a stop to it.
- It was an outrageous act and what was really upsetting from my point of view is that the referee did not look at it.
(comedy)he tries hard to be outrageous
- He was bold, outrageous, witty, shocking and sympathetic without being the least bit soppy or sentimental.
- It is a target rather than an outrageous boast, but should he achieve it, perhaps then he will be considered by observers to be an unqualified success.
- It reminds me of being a student when I used to wear mildly outrageous things, rather than the standard business attire I wear nowadays.
graciosísimose esfuerza por resultar atrevido or por escandalizar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.