Translation of outside in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (exterior part)(surface)the house looks really nice from the outside
parte (feminine) de fuera or (especially Latin America) de afuerala casa parece muy bonita vista desde (a)fueraon the outside she appeared very calmaparentemente estaba muy tranquila
por fuera parecía muy tranquilaExample sentences1.2 (of racetrack)
(parte más alejada del centro)(of road) he overtook me on the outsideme adelantó por la izquierda(in UK etc)
- The inside was just about as nice looking as the outside for a police building.
- The outsides of buildings are horrible facades of doom and brimstone and that gunky stuff that forms in your eye when you're sleepy.
- A pair of peak-like chicken croquettes drizzled in yellow giblet gravy have extra-crunchy outsides and smooth white-meat insides.
me adelantó por la derechaExample sentences
- With this loop you cannot tell which side is the inside and which is the outside.
- 2the outside 2.1 (of group, organization) we feel very much on the outside of everythingnos sentimos excluidos de todoto be on the outside looking inser un mero espectadorseen from the outsidevisto desde fuera or (especially Latin America) desde afuera2.2 (of prison) [colloquial] he's got a friend on the outsidetiene un amigo (a)fueraExample sentences
- He answered that it was only the outside which appeared different; people were the same everywhere.
- I'll remember how she was even more beautiful on the inside than the outside.
- 1.1 (place) wait outsideespere (a)fuera1.2 (outdoors) what's it like outside?¿qué tiempo hace (a)fuera?Example sentences1.3 (indicating movement) to run outside
salir corriendoif you'd like to step outsidesi me hace el favor de salir un momento
- He was running towards a little boy outside an open door, down the hall.
- The crowd was now situated right outside her door, with the Duke's coach not too far away.
- The outside world usually stays outside or confined neatly in the TV box in the corner.
- (of a place) 1.1 outside the boundaryfuera de los límitesyou wear the blouse outside the skirtla blusa se lleva por fuera (de la falda)outside the USAfuera de Estados Unidosit's just outside Londonestá en las afueras de Londresit's five miles outside Oxfordestá a cinco millas de Oxfordhe was waiting outside the doorestaba esperando en la puertaI'll see you outside the theaterte veo en la puerta del teatro1.2 (beyond) little known outside literary circlespoco conocido fuera de los círculos literariosit's outside my price rangeestá fuera de mi presupuestosex outside marriagerelaciones (feminine plural) sexuales extramatrimoniales or fuera del matrimoniohe has few interests outside his familyaparte de su familia or fuera de su familia, tiene pocos interesesit's outside my responsibilitiesno está dentro de mis responsabilidades1.3 (in time) outside office hoursfuera del horario de oficinaonly 2 seconds outside the world recordsolo a 2 segundos del récord mundial
adjective before noun
- 1 1.1 (exterior, outward)(appearance/wall/pocket)1.2 (outdoor)
fuera de la vivienda
exterior(swimming pool)1.3 (outer)
al aire libre(edge/track)the outside lane (Sport)
exteriorla calle or (Andes) (Venezuela) el carril número ocho ( or seis etc)(Cars)
el carril or (Chile) la pista or (Urug) la senda de la izquierda(in UK etc)
el carril or la pista etc de la derechaExample sentences
Example sentences1.4 (external)
- Neither of its outside surfaces had touched anything but air during its creation.
- The outside surface is polished nicely to give a classy look to a very practical tool.
- Is an ear part of the inside or the outside of a body, and how can we distinguish its own inside and outside surfaces?
(interference/pressure)it would be prudent to get an outside opinion
- Baxendell is still one of the most talented outside centres in the country.
- Skipper Andy Baggett moves to outside centre, with Chris Malherbe on the left wing.
- That last reference was perhaps a hint that Townsend will be given a game at outside centre to recover his confidence and form.
externosería prudente buscar una opinión independientethe outside worldel mundo exterioroutside examinerexaminador externo
examinadora externa (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- At the moment, highways maintenance is carried out by a mix of the council's own teams and outside contractors.
- But Mr Blyth stressed it was a mistake by the outside contractors who printed the ballot forms.
- There is abundant evidence that reveals the resistance to outside control that exists within the universities.
- 2 (remote)(chance/possibility)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.