Translation of outstanding in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (excellent) [ability/beauty] extraordinario, excepcional; [achievement/performer] destacado a young composer of outstanding talent un joven compositor de excepcional or singular talento what did you think of it? — outstanding! ¿qué tal te pareció? — ¡excepcional!Example sentences1.2 (prominent) (before noun/delante del nombre) [feature/detail] destacado
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2 2.1 (unpaid) [debt/account] pendiente (de pago) the amount outstanding is $105 la deuda pendiente es de 105 dólares, quedan por pagar 105 dólares 2.2 (remaining) [request/problem] pendiente, por resolverExample sentences2.3 (American English/inglés norteamericano) outstanding stock o shares acciones (feminine plural) en circulación
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.