Translation of outstanding in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (excellent)(achievement/performer)a young composer of outstanding talentwhat did you think of it? — outstanding!un joven compositor de excepcional or singular talento¿qué tal te pareció? — ¡excepcional!Example sentences1.2 (prominent) (before noun)
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2 2.1 (unpaid)(debt/account)the amount outstanding is $1052.2 (remaining)la deuda pendiente es de 105 dólaresquedan por pagar 105 dólares(request/problem)por resolverExample sentences2.3 (American English) outstanding stock o shares
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.