- 1 1.1 (excellent) [ability/beauty] extraordinario, excepcional; [achievement/performer] destacado a young composer of outstanding talent un joven compositor de excepcional or singular talento what did you think of it? — outstanding! ¿qué tal te pareció? — ¡excepcional!More example sentences1.2 (prominent) (before n) [feature/detail] destacado
More example sentences
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2 2.1 (unpaid) [debt/account] pendiente (de pago) the amount outstanding is $105 la deuda pendiente es de 105 dólares, quedan por pagar 105 dólares 2.2 (remaining) [request/problem] pendiente, por resolverMore example sentences2.3 (AmE) outstanding stock o shares acciones (fpl) en circulación
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...