Translation of outstanding in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (excellent)(achievement/performer)a young composer of outstanding talent
destacadoun joven compositor de excepcional or singular talentowhat did you think of it? — outstanding!¿qué tal te pareció? — ¡excepcional!Example sentences1.2 (prominent) (before noun)
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2 2.1 (unpaid)(debt/account)the amount outstanding is $105
pendiente (de pago)la deuda pendiente es de 105 dólares
quedan por pagar 105 dólaresExample sentences2.2 (remaining)
(request/problem)2.3 (American English) outstanding stock o shares
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.