- 1.1 countable/numerable(outworks plural)[Military/Militar] defensa (feminine) (fuera de la plaza fuerte principal)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Business/Comercio] trabajo (masculine) a domicilio
More example sentences
- Outside the main defences lay large outworks such as the Terra Nova and Fort William.
- The Fields were a parade ground used by the Prussians, the Wilhelmine army, the Nazis, and finally the Russians, who crisscrossed the flat ground with earth berms, thrown up as protective outworks for their barracks.
- New features included barbicans, walls, and other outworks guarding the approach to an entrance.
- Factories only slowly developed from outwork and workshop production in the first half of the nineteenth century, and they retained many features of the earlier method of production.
- Full-time jobs gave way to part-time ones, and centralised factory production to outsourcing and outwork.
- Women are concentrated in poorly paid work, including part-time and outwork.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an