- 1.1 c(outworks pl)[Mil] defensa (f) (fuera de la plaza fuerte principal)More example sentences1.2 u [Busn] trabajo (m) a domicilio
More example sentences
- Outside the main defences lay large outworks such as the Terra Nova and Fort William.
- The Fields were a parade ground used by the Prussians, the Wilhelmine army, the Nazis, and finally the Russians, who crisscrossed the flat ground with earth berms, thrown up as protective outworks for their barracks.
- New features included barbicans, walls, and other outworks guarding the approach to an entrance.
- Factories only slowly developed from outwork and workshop production in the first half of the nineteenth century, and they retained many features of the earlier method of production.
- Full-time jobs gave way to part-time ones, and centralised factory production to outsourcing and outwork.
- Women are concentrated in poorly paid work, including part-time and outwork.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.