Translation of outwork in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable(outworks plural)[Military/Militar] defensa (feminine) ([ fuera de la plaza fuerte principal ])Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Business/Comercio] trabajo (masculine) a domicilio
- Outside the main defences lay large outworks such as the Terra Nova and Fort William.
- The Fields were a parade ground used by the Prussians, the Wilhelmine army, the Nazis, and finally the Russians, who crisscrossed the flat ground with earth berms, thrown up as protective outworks for their barracks.
- New features included barbicans, walls, and other outworks guarding the approach to an entrance.
- Factories only slowly developed from outwork and workshop production in the first half of the nineteenth century, and they retained many features of the earlier method of production.
- Full-time jobs gave way to part-time ones, and centralised factory production to outsourcing and outwork.
- Women are concentrated in poorly paid work, including part-time and outwork.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the